Folder WindowsWinSxS ?

What is the purpose of \Windows\WinSxS ?

Thanks!

It's a System folder with a number of sub-folders and files. Are you
querying it because you cannot see the contents?

Try Start, Control Panel, Folder Options, View, and check box before
Show hidden files and folders and uncheck box before Hide protected
operating system files. However, you should tinker with the contents of
the WinSxS folder.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"suske" <suske@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the purpose of \Windows\WinSxS ?
>
> Thanks!

Amendment to earlier post "should NOT tinker".

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gerry Cornell" <gcjc@tenretnitb.com> wrote in message
> It's a System folder with a number of sub-folders and files. Are you
> querying it because you cannot see the contents?
>
> Try Start, Control Panel, Folder Options, View, and check box before
> Show hidden files and folders and uncheck box before Hide protected
> operating system files. However, you should tinker with the contents
> of the WinSxS folder.
>
> --
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> FCA
>
> Using invalid email address
>
> Stourport, Worcs, England
> Enquire, plan and execute.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Please tell the newsgroup how any
> suggested solution worked for you.
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> "suske" <suske@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> What is the purpose of \Windows\WinSxS ?
>>
>> Thanks!

The problem is :
starting Norton Internet Security a Windows Installer Setup window appears :
this MSI must be launched through setup!

With the program Process Explorer I manage to see that a file from the
WinSxS map is involved

"Gerry Cornell" wrote:

> It's a System folder with a number of sub-folders and files. Are you
> querying it because you cannot see the contents?
>
> Try Start, Control Panel, Folder Options, View, and check box before
> Show hidden files and folders and uncheck box before Hide protected
> operating system files. However, you should tinker with the contents of
> the WinSxS folder.
>
> --
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> FCA
>
> Using invalid email address
>
> Stourport, Worcs, England
> Enquire, plan and execute.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Please tell the newsgroup how any
> suggested solution worked for you.
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> "suske" <suske@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What is the purpose of \Windows\WinSxS ?
> >
> > Thanks!

Suske

See if the information in this link helps:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/5faa3ca6df6f549888256edd0061c0a4/21243a68ed37f50d88256f1d0053e2ab?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> The problem is :
> starting Norton Internet Security a Windows Installer Setup window
> appears :
> this MSI must be launched through setup!
>
> With the program Process Explorer I manage to see that a file from the
> WinSxS map is involved
>
> "Gerry Cornell" wrote:
>
>> It's a System folder with a number of sub-folders and files. Are you
>> querying it because you cannot see the contents?
>>
>> Try Start, Control Panel, Folder Options, View, and check box before
>> Show hidden files and folders and uncheck box before Hide protected
>> operating system files. However, you should tinker with the contents
>> of
>> the WinSxS folder.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Gerry
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> FCA
>>
>> Using invalid email address
>>
>> Stourport, Worcs, England
>> Enquire, plan and execute.
>> Please tell the newsgroup how any
>> suggested solution worked for you.
>>
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

>> "suske" <suske@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > What is the purpose of \Windows\WinSxS ?
>> >
>> > Thanks!

Check the symantec support site.