shut down due to 3011 and 3012

drackula

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2005
Hi, from 2 days i got strange problem. When i try to run any game (prolly other programs too) i got shut down of power, however power diode is on and one think which i can do is pull off the plug from socket.
I have 2 errors in event log:

1Error - LoadPerf, ID 3012
when processing Performance extend counter program, the Performance string already damaged. the BaseIndex value is the first DWORD in the data section, the LastCounter value is the second DWORD, the LastHelp value is the third DWORD.

2Error - LoadPerf ID 3011
failed on loading service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) 's performance counter strings.

Any idea what can i do?

riser

Illustrious
What's your system setup? If your computer is over heating when you start a game and it starts pushing power to your CPU to heat it up.. you might see a shutdown..

that's just guessing which is bad.. but what's your system setup?

Try going into other programs.. Word, Notepad, etc. Do a disk defrag for fun too.

drackula

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2005
No, it is not so simple likee temperature or sth like that. If it would be so simple I could find it myself :(.

It must be sth wrong with system for sure and it is related with WmiApRpl. I found exactly the same errror posted on web but no solution for it. this Erorrs are initioated after system start even if nothing else is run so if i wait few minutes after start i can work on computer as before.

TheCh0s3n1

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2005
How comfortable are you fiddling with the Registry? If you're okay with it, or if you know someone who is, then you can try the following changes:

The information below was taken from <A HREF="http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?EvtSrc=Perflib&EvtID=2002&ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&LCID=1033&ProdVer=5.2" target="_new">here</A>.

Explanation
The performance counter provider could not return performance counter data within the specified open timeout period. Either there is a problem with this performance counter provider or the service it is collecting data from, or the system was too busy when this call was made.

User Action
If the problem continues, increase the open timeout period for this service.

By default, the system uses the same open timeout period of 10 seconds (measured in milliseconds) for all services. To override this for an individual service, change the Open Timeout registry entry.

To change the registry entry

Using Regedit, navigate to the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\<service-name>\Performance subkey.
Double-click Open Timeout, and then change the length of time in the Value Data box.
If the Open Timeout registry entry does not exist, you can create it.

To create an Open Timeout registry entry

Using Regedit, navigate to the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\<service-name>\Performance subkey.
On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD value.
Type Open Timeout.
Double-click Open Timeout, and then enter a length of time in the Value Data box.

riser

Illustrious
Here is what the errors mean:

3011 The requested operation is successful. Changes will not be effective until the service is restarted.
3012 No printers were found.

So here's your fix.. it's really not a needed service.

So disable WMI Performance Adapter in your services.. or you can increase the timeout.

nickieg

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
WOW this is old but this is what actually works WITHOUT getting into Regedit, which is last call.

Start> RUN > type CMD
type "lodctr /R:*ini
hit enter
restart
I had this same problem and it's gone now.