copying a disk and the boot blocks

I used to be able to format a disk with /s to transfer the os and boot
blocks. Then I could run diskcopy with the switches /sehckr and that would
copy my boot disk to another disk.
Under xp Pro, I now cannot see how to transfer the boot blocks since the sys
command no longer works nor does diskcopy even though it looks like I can
use the xcopy command to perform the same function.
1 answer Last reply
More about copying disk boot blocks

    You need a 3rd party imaging program like Norton Ghost or one of the many
    that come free with a new hard drive. Check the web site for the
    manufacturer of one of your hard drives and see if they have an available
    download. Most of the downloads will only work if you have one of their
    drives installed.

    Kerry Brown
    KDB Systems

    "jrbareta" <jrbareta@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I used to be able to format a disk with /s to transfer the os and boot
    >blocks. Then I could run diskcopy with the switches /sehckr and that would
    >copy my boot disk to another disk.
    > Under xp Pro, I now cannot see how to transfer the boot blocks since the
    > sys command no longer works nor does diskcopy even though it looks like I
    > can use the xcopy command to perform the same function.

Boot Command Prompt Windows XP