Regular Periodic Maintenance Checklist?

GreP

Can anyone point me to some documents that would give a periodic
maintenance checklist I could use for servicing some of my clients?
They're typically running W2k or XP or one of the attendant server versions.

Thanks,

grep

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:eZDzTiPGFHA.1924@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
grep <grep@grep.com> had this to say:

> Can anyone point me to some documents that would give a periodic
> maintenance checklist I could use for servicing some of my clients?
> They're typically running W2k or XP or one of the attendant server
> versions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> grep

Do you mean something like this?

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:I4nPDAc0SwIJ:www.tncc.edu/dl/documents/Maintenance.pdf+periodic+maintenance+checklist+windows+xp&hl=en

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

GreP

Yeah, something like that... but I was looking for something a bit more
in depth.

grep

Galen wrote:

> In news:eZDzTiPGFHA.1924@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
> grep <grep@grep.com> had this to say:
>

>>Can anyone point me to some documents that would give a periodic
>>maintenance checklist I could use for servicing some of my clients?
>>They're typically running W2k or XP or one of the attendant server
>>versions.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>grep
>

> Do you mean something like this?
>
> http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:I4nPDAc0SwIJ:www.tncc.edu/dl/documents/Maintenance.pdf+periodic+maintenance+checklist+windows+xp&hl=en
>
> Galen

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:elDJ$3RGFHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
grep <grep@grep.com> had this to say:

> Yeah, something like that... but I was looking for something a bit
> more in depth.
>
> grep

Grab a search engine, search for the first processor and open in new window
then repeat and compare them side by side. An even more important step (I
buy a lot of hardware online) is to check reviews and see what people like
and want the most and how happy people are with the product AND with the
vendor.

In news:%23RojekSGFHA.3728@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Galen <galennews@gmail.com> had this to say:

> In news:elDJ$3RGFHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
> grep <grep@grep.com> had this to say:
>

>> Yeah, something like that... but I was looking for something a bit
>> more in depth.
>>
>> grep
>
> Grab a search engine, search for the first processor and open in new
> window then repeat and compare them side by side. An even more
> important step (I buy a lot of hardware online) is to check reviews
> and see what people like and want the most and how happy people are
> with the product AND with the vendor.
>
> Galen

Err... Ignore that post... I had another post on the brain at the moment.
I'll see if I can root you up something a bit more detailed.

Galen
mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:elDJ$3RGFHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
grep <grep@grep.com> had this to say:

> Yeah, something like that... but I was looking for something a bit
> more in depth.
>
> grep

Here's a nice one for laptops that you can take a peek at:
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=102215

This one might fit the bill:
http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/ld/pubs/compsecurity/ptthreecheck.html

This one looks pretty basic as well:
http://www.homepchelpers.com/PC_Maint_Cklst.htm

Those should be about what you're looking for. As I said, please ignore the
funny looking message, I had a post about processors that has been bugging
me running through my head. Sometimes a post just gets stuck there and I was
still looking it up when I saw that this one had come in and for some reason
added that message. Heh... Ah well.