Top #5 Best Graphics Games?

G

If you could nominate 5 games to win a best graphic award, what games they would be?

Thanks for your opinions, im just kinda new on the pc gaming and just want to know...

Game7

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Unreal Tournament III and Crysis are my personal favorites in terms of graphics.
But I didn't play Crysis 2 or BF3. Many people say Metro 2033 has decent graphics, but it didn't impress me that much.

johanvheerden

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
I don't know about the best graphics but i have a few games in mind with pretty decent graphics in my opinion.

Crysis 2
Anno 2070
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed
Dirt 2 and Dirt 3
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations
Battlefield 3
Battlefield Bad Company 2
The Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim
Saints Row The Third
Grand Theft Auto IV

I'll add some more later when i've had some time to think about it :)

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Strictly personal opinion, but considering all things from style to photo realism, I would say this is my top 3 choices at the moment:

1. Battlefield 3
2. Crysis
3. Arkham City (this game with dx11 graphics maxed and physx turned up to high looks spectacular and will rip most computers' balls off).

Metro 2033 may not have the best graphics when you go outside, but they may have the best lighting effects.

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009

Isn't the DX11 causing problems as of now? I believe a patch is yet to be released for this issue. Until then, people have been advised to play it in DX9 because when DX11 is enabled, the game becomes unplayable as the fps drops to 10-15.

Has the patch been released already??

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Patch was already released.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

That would be a description of great art direction, and not so much about graphic quality. STALKER has atmosphere like no other.

mkristian

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
IMO the best looking games are:

crysis (overall the best technical and graphical game ever made, with high res texture mods, it is insane)

metro 2033 (played this in dx9 maxed out and the lighting and character effects were amazing IMO. Not to everyone's taste but i found the game pulled off night scenes better than any other game in existence.

Crysis 2. Technically a light engine, but visually stunning. I think the lighting effects and refractions based on the fact you were wearing a helmet were so subtle coupled with awesome environmental lighting made for some stunning areas.

Have not played it yet but this games graphics look insane even without texture mods. Probably the best looking game at 'stock' i have ever seen, playing it might reveal otherwise however.

The Witcher 2

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

This is a thread about the graphically best games. Why would COD have any place in it? Not trolling, but COD is not remotely challenging even for dated computers to run, and doesn't look very good by comparison to anything mentioned in the thread.

Im just suprised at how people are confusing art direction over technical prowess.
this happened last time there was a thread like this, and someone argued about black ops being GORGEOUS.... HAHA!
1. Crysis. one word. scale.
2. Metro 2033. Lighting and shadows that will only be beat by Last light when it releases
3. BF3.
4. Witcher 2. DX9 my friends is no slouch.
5. Crysis 2 DX11

hunter387

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
Anybody remember that game Cryostasis or something? My computer couldn't run it but I thought the graphics were amazing when I tried it. As of right now I think

1.Crysis
2.Dirt 3
3.Arkham City
4.BF3
5.ARMA II ?

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011

Oh man you have no idea how much I agree with you there. People are too quick to discard DX9 as "old" when beauties such as Crysis still exist and validly compete with the newest games on the market all "sporting" DX11 support.

I installed Crysis and played through it again a few weeks ago, and I was absolutely flabbergasted from the start. To me, the pure achievement this game reached in terms of graphical advancement will make it my top pick any day. It has a lot better detail, artwork (hell, artwork plays a role in graphics, there's no question about it) and overall epicness than most games today (those maps are HUGE and everything looks as beautiful as if it was individually drawn by hand). It remains my top pick of "best graphics games of all time" simply because of what it managed to pull off.

If you're looking at games purely at how detailed they must be to compete, everyone will agree that BF3 is top, followed by the likes of Witcher 2 and Crysis 2 (DX11 mod, DX9 didn't look much better than the first Crysis). We should keep an eye out for Far Cry 3 though, I hear the new Frostbyte engine has been really used in that game... :D

G

1 or 2? I am seeing here a lot of people post that Crysis is a great game graphically speaking, but what i cant understand is that the first crysis is actually better in graphics than crysis 2? or they have the same graphics?

G

lol the thing is that the only game i have tested in my PC right now is COD MW3 and graphics looks real nice (well at least for my eyes) so i cant imagine the power of the games a lot of people here are recommending so, thanks!