10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
i think everyone who plays GTA3 VC notice this annoy glitch, if you look in one direction and you see a car is coming towards you, then you look away and look back again, the car disapears. is there any patch out there that can fix this??

sirak

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003
I remember that would happen with the GTA3 PS2 version - I havent played GTA:VC on the PC enough to notice it though. It might be just the way they programmed it to perhaps cut down on the demand on the PS2's processing power/memory.

dhlucke

Polypheme
It can work to your advantage though. If there's no car and you look away there might be one when you look back. Helps when the cops are on your tail.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=389&s=1fee5dab901bebe29da7aa1c2658fc6f" target="_new"><font color=red>dhlucke's system</font color=red></A>

<font color=blue>GOD</font color=blue> <font color=red>BLESS</font color=red> <font color=blue>AMERICA</font color=blue>

goloap

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2001
I beleive it's not a glitch, it's done on purpose to reduce the complexity (less cars to keep track of = less computations = better FPS).

In ancient times they had no statistics so they had to fall back on lies

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
yea.. i guess that y the game is made this way, but coudnt they somehow extend the timer to like 5 second to track the cars after they are out of players view?? this would make the game more realistic.

daddywags214

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2003
Yeah, actually with the original PS2 version, if you input the cheat for the tank about 20 times, all the RAM (at least that alotted for traffic generation) will be consumed and all the traffic will disappear.

These days, no matter what company you like, be it <b>nVidia, ATi, or whatever,</b> no matter how logical your reasons, you're labeled an <b>idiot</b> or a <b>fanboy</b>, or <b>both.</b>