Hope this is the right forum for this post, but I cannot get EQ2 to run
without the following error. "NVIDIA GeForce MX440 requires 4 texture
units" I installed the update driver and still no luck. Anyone have any
ideas?

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 04:52:04 GMT, "James R. Shaw"
<jrshaw@sbcglobal.net> wrotC:DRIVE_E

>Hope this is the right forum for this post, but I cannot get EQ2 to run
>without the following error. "NVIDIA GeForce MX440 requires 4 texture
>units" I installed the update driver and still no luck. Anyone have any
>ideas?

Get a new card.

I had the same card -- and the same problem. There's plenty of cards
in the 100 dollar range which will run EQ2 fine.
Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
"I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
http://www.mrlizard.com

<jrshaw@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Hope this is the right forum for this post, but I cannot get EQ2 to run
>without the following error. "NVIDIA GeForce MX440 requires 4 texture
>units" I installed the update driver and still no luck. Anyone have any
>ideas?

....what is your video card?

--
Dark Tyger

Sympathy for the retailer:
http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
"Door's to your left" -Gord

Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/

Wolfie

James R. Shaw wrote:
> Hope this is the right forum for this post, but I cannot get EQ2 to
> run without the following error. "NVIDIA GeForce MX440 requires 4
> texture units" I installed the update driver and still no luck. Anyone
> have any ideas?

Get another video card -- yours can't run EQ2. You're just
shy of the minimum requirements.

"Dark Tyger" <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 04:52:04 GMT, "James R. Shaw"
> <jrshaw@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>Hope this is the right forum for this post, but I cannot get EQ2 to run
>>without the following error. "NVIDIA GeForce MX440 requires 4 texture
>>units" I installed the update driver and still no luck. Anyone have any
>>ideas?
>>

> ...what is your video card?
>
> --
> Dark Tyger
>
> Sympathy for the retailer:
> http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
> "Door's to your left" -Gord
> (I have no association with this site. Just thought it was funny as hell)
>
> Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/

I'm just guessing here...but maybe his video card is a NVIDIA GeForce
MX440...

LoonBoon

"LoonBoon" <LCallis@nuvox.net> wrote in message

> "Dark Tyger" <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 04:52:04 GMT, "James R. Shaw"
>> <jrshaw@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Hope this is the right forum for this post, but I cannot get EQ2 to run
>>>without the following error. "NVIDIA GeForce MX440 requires 4 texture
>>>units" I installed the update driver and still no luck. Anyone have any
>>>ideas?
>>>

>> ...what is your video card?
>>
>> --
>> Dark Tyger
>>
>> Sympathy for the retailer:
>> http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
>> "Door's to your left" -Gord
>> (I have no association with this site. Just thought it was funny as hell)
>>
>> Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/
>
> I'm just guessing here...but maybe his video card is a NVIDIA GeForce
> MX440...
>
> LoonBoon

As others have posted, you need to get a new graphics card, the one you have
does not contain the necessary pixel/vertex shaders that are needed to run
the game.

"Toytown" <billg@microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "LoonBoon" <LCallis@nuvox.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Dark Tyger" <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote in message

>>> ...what is your video card?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dark Tyger
>>>
>>> Sympathy for the retailer:
>>> http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
>>> "Door's to your left" -Gord
>>> (I have no association with this site. Just thought it was funny as
>>> hell)
>>>
>>> Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/
>>
>> I'm just guessing here...but maybe his video card is a NVIDIA GeForce
>> MX440...
>>
>> LoonBoon
>>

> As others have posted, you need to get a new graphics card, the one you
> have does not contain the necessary pixel/vertex shaders that are needed
> to run the game.

I have a GeForce 4 Ti and it can run EQ2 but if you're in the market for a
new card I would get one of the higher FX cards or the new ATI cards.

"LoonBoon" <LCallis@nuvox.net> wrote in

> "Dark Tyger" <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 04:52:04 GMT, "James R. Shaw"
>> <jrshaw@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Hope this is the right forum for this post, but I cannot get EQ2 to
>>>run without the following error. "NVIDIA GeForce MX440 requires 4
>>>texture units" I installed the update driver and still no luck.
>>>Anyone have any ideas?
>>>

>> ...what is your video card?
>>
>> Sympathy for the retailer: http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
>> "Door's to your left" -Gord
>> (I have no association with this site. Just thought it was funny as
>> hell)
>>
>> Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/
>
> I'm just guessing here...but maybe his video card is a NVIDIA GeForce
> MX440...

Yeah, I was going to take a wild stab in the dark there myself...

Others have already said it, get a new video card. Personally, I like
the ATi 9800 Pro, it's reasonably priced, and great bang for the buck.
If you don't mind spending big bucks, go for the top end NVidia or ATi
card.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 18 Dwarven Shaman, 16 Scholar

"James R. Shaw" <jrshaw@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hope this is the right forum for this post, but I cannot get EQ2 to run
> without the following error. "NVIDIA GeForce MX440 requires 4 texture
> units" I installed the update driver and still no luck. Anyone have any
> ideas?

If you dig deeply enough into the online help, there's a note on the list of
supported cards. The GeForce4 MX chipsets are not supported.

I printed the list before going shopping. I remember when the MX chipsets
were about to hit the market, the DOOM3 developers were advising people to
avoid them since they're really a step backwards, more like a GeForce2.

That little blurb on the box, DirectX 9.0 support, is the hitch. The
chipset supports 7.0 and some of 8.0.