stan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm an old Win 98 user and ran Scandisk/Defrag about twice a year. How do
I run Chkdsk on this XP system, it's not listed in system tools like
Scandisk is?

Hi

Double click on My Computer, right click on the appropriate right drive,
then select Properties>Tools>Error checking. Alternatively from a command
prompt type:

chkdsk /?

for the available options.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Stan" <sorry@noname.com> wrote in message
> I'm an old Win 98 user and ran Scandisk/Defrag about twice a year. How
> do I run Chkdsk on this XP system, it's not listed in system tools like
> Scandisk is?

stan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007