Hard Drive Failure?

My "working light" keeps flashing at regular intervals of about 1 second when
there arent any programs open. I read a while back in a magazine that this
could mean harddrive failure was upon me, but i run an Antivirus ( norton net
security) and about 30 processes. Would this be the cause of the flashing
light? I run hp pavillion a210a with 2.2ghz 256 ram and 40gb hdd.
Thanks in advance

Wow you wrote all that out for a 13 year old nerd?
Lol thanks mate, i find dat helpful :)
I got the hdd failure thing from NetGuide. Its a neat little mag that has
rlly good programs on it, and is like having a "computers for dummies" book
next to you. It's helped me out alot, so has this forum. I have my temp file
usage set to about 155mb and i delete my cookies regularly, but being a kid i
cant upgrade my ram as i have no money. I tried increasing the virtual memory
from 268 meg or so to 512, but it wont let me do it. You find a way around
that?
Thanks for all ur help so far guys ^_^ uve been really helpful.