Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Computer
  • Hard Drives
Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 30, 2001 1:45:19 AM

When I turn on my computer, it is not recognizing my primary hard drive. If I go into the bios, however, it sees it. Please help the ignorant. I'm lost on what to do. I have a ASUS CUSL2-C.

Thanks,
Thomas

More about : hard drive recognized motherboard

December 30, 2001 2:05:03 AM

Is your hard drive new? If it is, you need to FDisk and set it active so it can boot.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 30, 2001 2:15:12 AM

The hard drive is not new. I must amend. The start up is not seeing any of my IDE's.
Related resources
December 30, 2001 8:31:49 AM

Check if your cables are connected right, and that you're jumpers are set at the good settings.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek:  .
December 30, 2001 11:36:03 AM

have you another hd in the same ide channel ?
December 30, 2001 11:41:03 AM

what exactly don't recognize your hd ?
boot after post
os

what is exactly the error message ?

if you know you don't know, the way could be more easy.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 30, 2001 1:55:17 PM

No, On the secondary I had my C drive and CDR. On the Primary I was going to add another hard drive.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 30, 2001 1:59:26 PM

"what exactly don't recognize your hd ?
boot after post
os

what is exactly the error message ?"

The only thing that repeatedly happens is when I power down, it often goes straight into the bios asking me to check that the CPU frequency corresponds with what it is supposed to be. It does, so I F10 and save out to start over again.

I have taken everything off of the PCI bus. I am down to just the one C hard drive on the secondary. Lost.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 30, 2001 2:01:34 PM

"Check if your cables are connected right, and that you're jumpers are set at the good settings."

I have the C hard drive set to master. Is that what your talking about? The CDR was Slave.
December 30, 2001 2:23:40 PM

let just the new drive on primary (set it to master) & the cdrom drive also on primary (set it to slave).

let also cpu/memory/gc & unplug others

put an os boot disket in your disket drive (eg win98, winXP, dos...)

boot your pc

when you are on A:, run fdisk

if everything is ok, you must see your hd with its size
create a main partition & activate it

reboot

you can now format your hd with format c:

if you know you don't know, the way could be more easy.
December 30, 2001 4:12:17 PM

Yes that was it.
Try if your computer will boot with only the C drive attached to the primary set as master, if so attach the other drive as primary master and see if that works.
If your PC still won't boot try with no drive attached and see if you can boot from a floppy, if so update the BIOS to the latest version.
Also check if your PCI bus clock is set to 1/4 of the FSB if it's 133 MHz and 1/3 of the FSB if it's 100 MHz this often can be set in the BIOS.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek:  .
!