Skyrim and BF3 Performance?

zero2g

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Hello, I am very curious about how good will my PC run Skyrim and BF3. I am not aiming for maxed but high in 1680 by 1050 or maybe 1440 by 900 if I need to with something like 2x AA...

my specs are:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Ma770T-UD3P
Processor: AMD Phenom 2 955 (I have no idea if it's BE or not... on CPU-Z it does not show BE nor on AMD Overdrive) at 3.2 ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon 6850 stock
RAM: 4 GB
Storage (dunno if this matters): 500Gb HDD with 160Gb SSD for boot up and games

I heard that Skyrim is pretty CPU intensive but I just want to know if I can run it good with above 30 or 40 FPS with my set up right now. Also, can anyone here also shed some light if I can overclock my CPU? The cooler I have is a Corsair A50

Thank you

charon711

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011

do they have permission from the mod creators to post and link downloads? if not there are going to be some angry modders out there.

if you want to go to a legit website where most of the modders for Skyrim will upload there mods AND the updates to there mods that fix bugs! go to Skyrim Nexus

Also if your concerned about your CPU performance DL this mod as it solves many problems related to the CPU. TESV Acceleration Layer

zero2g

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
oh nevermind, I already tried running skyrim, it looks good, the lag is a bit but bareable during fights, idk but the lag kinda gives me an rpg-like experience that I am used to