How do I make a bootable floppy fron XP??? please help...

The Windows XP CD itself is bootable and is a Startup Disk.
It has all the necessary tools to repair XP in the event of an
unlikely failure. However, you can make your own bootable
floppy disk if you so desire:

How to Use System Files to Create a Boot Disk to Guard
Against Being Unable to Start Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314079

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Ivette" wrote:

| How do I make a bootable floppy fron XP??? please help...

If you need to fix somehting that is preventing XP from booting, it is a bit
more complex than simply having a boot floppy.

The boot floppy that XP can make, is really a Windows ME floppy, and will
not be useful if your hard drives have NTFS format.

There are several better alternatives.

The first is to use the XP recovery console, which can be run directly from
the XP CDROM, which is bootable. You may need to adjust your BIOS settngs
to boot first from CD. Here are some links about the recovery console:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_rec.htm

http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxprcons.htm

http://www.xxcopy.com/xxcopy33.htm

Another feature of XP (retail edition, not OEM editions) is the ability to
preform a "repair". This refresh the XP system files and can fix things
like new motherboard incompatible with old XP settings on hard drive. Your
personal files, ettings, and programs will not be erased. However, all XP
updates will be removed, and you will need to re-install them via the update
feature of XP. Here are some links on doing a repair install:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

http://www.extremetech.com/print_article/0,3998,a=23979,00.asp

There are possible non-Microsoft solution to specific problems. For
example, Bart's PE builder can make you a CD that will boot a PC, access
NTFS drives, and do some repairs. One created, Bart's is almost like
running XP. It is very intuitive. Here is the link to Bart's:

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/index.php?p=1

Then, ther are several LINUX-based rescue CDs, all free downloads. KNOPPIX
verison 3.7 is one of the best. However, you will need to spend some time
studying the documentation.