Asus A7V266 Bios 1003
Kingston 256MB DDR
Teac FDD
Maxtor 30GB ATA100 5400 RPM
Creative 8438E 8/4/32 CDRW
VisionTek Geforce3 Ti200
SB Audigy Gamer
Dlink 10/100 NIC

I cannot load Windows XP without getting stop errors. I have removed everything except my video card, same thing happens. I reinstalled my image of ME that was working fine and now it is failing when running SysMark 2001. Any ideas? Could it be a bad video card or drivers? I have downloaded the newest drivers for all my devices. I am about to give up.

Thanks in advance for any help or info

Brian

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
wow. i have seen this about three times before. it could be your ram. i have seen windows xp do this. if you can try changing your ram. i'm about 90% sure its your ram.

let me if you get it working.

<font color=purple><b>I have a pc with a built-in house.</b> :wink: </font color=purple>

btvillarin

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Install Windows XP with just your memory, FDD, HD, CDRW, and Graphics Card.

If you're in Windows XP right now, try using the 21.83 drivers, instead of those 23.11 drivers. They might be more stable. I know they're not the newest, but they might work better. It has for other people I've read about in the forums. By the way, did you install the VIA 4-in-1 v4.37 drivers, <b>right after the Windows installation</b>, it might help as well.

By the way, where'd you get your stick of memory?

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/btvillarin" target="_new">My Website</A> - updated basically everyday.