  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
December 23, 2004 6:31:28 AM

OK, I'm on a task looking for the "Pedestal Room." I can't find any
reference to it on any maps, and I've been running around the place
for two hours now. I've asked other people that are there, no one has
any idea. It's on the upper level. Anyone know?

More about : question

Anonymous
December 23, 2004 6:31:29 AM

bizbee wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 03:40:16 GMT in
> <A6ryd.9703$yK.4762@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "Davian"
> <davian@nospammindspring.com> graced the world with this thought:
>

> >"bizbee" <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> >> OK, I'm on a task looking for the "Pedestal Room." I can't find
any
> >> reference to it on any maps, and I've been running around the
place
> >> for two hours now. I've asked other people that are there, no one
has
> >> any idea. It's on the upper level. Anyone know?
> >
> >I don't know for sure, but I remember a sparkly pedestal in the room
where the
> >black reaver spawns. Upstairs in the tower past the locked door.
The reaver
> >that spawns Neh'Ashir, off by itself away from the rest of them.
>
> great... locked door?

As far as I know, you can now get through all of those doors with a key
dropped by a mob that spawns outside quite often. Dont remember the
name but he spawns *all* the time, and can have multiple spawns. Maybe
some captain or something like that?
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 6:40:16 AM

--
Davian - Wood Elf Warrior on Guk
Talynne - Half Elf Rogue on Guk

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 03:40:16 GMT in
<A6ryd.9703$yK.4762@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "Davian"
<davian@nospammindspring.com> graced the world with this thought:

>"bizbee" <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> OK, I'm on a task looking for the "Pedestal Room." I can't find any
>> reference to it on any maps, and I've been running around the place
>> for two hours now. I've asked other people that are there, no one has
>> any idea. It's on the upper level. Anyone know?
>
>I don't know for sure, but I remember a sparkly pedestal in the room where the
>black reaver spawns. Upstairs in the tower past the locked door. The reaver
>that spawns Neh'Ashir, off by itself away from the rest of them.

great... locked door?
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 6:53:22 AM

> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 03:40:16 GMT in
> <A6ryd.9703$yK.4762@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "Davian"
> <davian@nospammindspring.com> graced the world with this thought:
>

>>"bizbee" <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>> OK, I'm on a task looking for the "Pedestal Room." I can't find any
>>> reference to it on any maps, and I've been running around the place
>>> for two hours now. I've asked other people that are there, no one has
>>> any idea. It's on the upper level. Anyone know?
>>
>>I don't know for sure, but I remember a sparkly pedestal in the room where
>>the
>>black reaver spawns. Upstairs in the tower past the locked door. The
>>reaver
>>that spawns Neh'Ashir, off by itself away from the rest of them.
>
> great... locked door?

The keys drop pretty frequently in the stables and temple. I think the mob
that drops it is Captain Of The Guard or something like that. He drops it
every time.

Good luck!

Lou
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 2:39:48 AM

Thomas Houseman wrote:
> "Beal" <bealrabbitslayer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > bizbee wrote:
> >> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 03:40:16 GMT in
> >> <A6ryd.9703$yK.4762@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "Davian"
> >> <davian@nospammindspring.com> graced the world with this thought:

> > any
> > place
> > has

> > where the
> > The reaver
> >>
> >> great... locked door?
> >
> > As far as I know, you can now get through all of those doors with a
key
> > dropped by a mob that spawns outside quite often. Dont remember
the
> > name but he spawns *all* the time, and can have multiple spawns.
Maybe
> > some captain or something like that?
> >

> I thought you still needed a rogue for the elevator.
> T.

Up the elevator are just three more reavers. None of them are
necessary if you just want the one isolated reaver at the very top of
the zone. Actually though, there is a "sparkly" thing in both the
elevator room as well as the one at the top of the zone, either of them
might be that pedestal.
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 11:10:23 AM

"Beal" <bealrabbitslayer@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> bizbee wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 03:40:16 GMT in
>> <A6ryd.9703$yK.4762@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "Davian"
>> <davian@nospammindspring.com> graced the world with this thought:
>>

>> >"bizbee" <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> any
> place
> has
>> >
>> >I don't know for sure, but I remember a sparkly pedestal in the room
> where the
>> >black reaver spawns. Upstairs in the tower past the locked door.
> The reaver
>> >that spawns Neh'Ashir, off by itself away from the rest of them.
>>
>> great... locked door?
>
> As far as I know, you can now get through all of those doors with a key
> dropped by a mob that spawns outside quite often. Dont remember the
> name but he spawns *all* the time, and can have multiple spawns. Maybe
> some captain or something like that?

I thought you still needed a rogue for the elevator.
T.
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 11:10:24 AM

"Thomas Houseman"
<thomashousemanHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:330qcqF3p91vjU1@individual.net...

> "Beal" <bealrabbitslayer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >

> > As far as I know, you can now get through all of those doors with a key
> > dropped by a mob that spawns outside quite often. Dont remember the
> > name but he spawns *all* the time, and can have multiple spawns. Maybe
> > some captain or something like that?
> >

> I thought you still needed a rogue for the elevator.
> T.

Yeah, but where he has to go (we think) is not up the elevator.

--
Davian - Wood Elf Warrior on Guk
Talynne - Half Elf Rogue on Guk
Dearic - Dwarven Shaman on Guk
Anonymous
December 25, 2004 3:56:18 AM

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 03:53:22 GMT in
<Siryd.9728$yK.7005@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "Lou Vincze"
<biglou@ix.netcom.com> graced the world with this thought:

>"bizbee" <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 03:40:16 GMT in
>> <A6ryd.9703$yK.4762@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "Davian"
>> <davian@nospammindspring.com> graced the world with this thought:
>>

>>>"bizbee" <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>>I don't know for sure, but I remember a sparkly pedestal in the room where
>>>the
>>>black reaver spawns. Upstairs in the tower past the locked door. The
>>>reaver
>>>that spawns Neh'Ashir, off by itself away from the rest of them.
>>
>> great... locked door?
>
>The keys drop pretty frequently in the stables and temple. I think the mob
>that drops it is Captain Of The Guard or something like that. He drops it
>every time.
>
>Good luck!
>
>Lou

Yee-ha... picked up the key by chance, while I was on a different task
(and I spotted the Captain of the Guard), and there were some other
people in the zone. Sure is a bitch in there when you're alone!
Anonymous
December 25, 2004 3:57:20 AM

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:18:19 GMT in
<vCGyd.11514$Z47.4648@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "Davian"
<davian@nospammindspring.com> graced the world with this thought:

>"Thomas Houseman"
><thomashousemanHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS@hotmail.com> wrote in
>message news:330qcqF3p91vjU1@individual.net...
>>
>> "Beal" <bealrabbitslayer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >

>> > As far as I know, you can now get through all of those doors with a key
>> > dropped by a mob that spawns outside quite often. Dont remember the
>> > name but he spawns *all* the time, and can have multiple spawns. Maybe
>> > some captain or something like that?
>> >

>> I thought you still needed a rogue for the elevator.
>> T.
>>

>Yeah, but where he has to go (we think) is not up the elevator.

If it is, screw that. I haven't done this task yet, I'm waiting for it
to come up again.
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 8:35:43 PM

bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in

> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 03:40:16 GMT in
> <A6ryd.9703$yK.4762@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "Davian"
> <davian@nospammindspring.com> graced the world with this thought:
>

>>"bizbee" <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>> OK, I'm on a task looking for the "Pedestal Room." I can't find any
>>> reference to it on any maps, and I've been running around the place
>>> for two hours now. I've asked other people that are there, no one
>>> has any idea. It's on the upper level. Anyone know?
>>
>>I don't know for sure, but I remember a sparkly pedestal in the room
>>where the black reaver spawns. Upstairs in the tower past the locked
>>door. The reaver that spawns Neh'Ashir, off by itself away from the
>>rest of them.
>
> great... locked door?

Yeah, you either need a rogue, (maybe a bard, but I don't think
lockpicking is high enough for it), or you need to go deep into The Hole,
and kill a shaman epic mob for the key. You might need a shaman to
respawn him with the key though, not sure off hand...

It used to be that you could agro duel someone with, whatever that spell
is that tosses you in the air, to get tossed up top, I had heard it's
been nerfed. You can also get agro from a mob inside, and get him to
open the door for you, or at least it used to work. Of course, then
there is the minor issue of getting up the elevator also, I am thinking
that is keyed too, but I could be wrong.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 18 Dwarven Shaman, 16 Scholar
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 8:36:48 PM

> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 03:53:22 GMT in
> <Siryd.9728$yK.7005@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "Lou Vincze"
> <biglou@ix.netcom.com> graced the world with this thought:
>

>>"bizbee" <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 03:40:16 GMT in
>>> <A6ryd.9703$yK.4762@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "Davian"
>>> <davian@nospammindspring.com> graced the world with this thought:

>>> great... locked door?
>>
>>The keys drop pretty frequently in the stables and temple. I think
>>the mob that drops it is Captain Of The Guard or something like that.
>>He drops it every time.
>>
>>Good luck!
>>
>>Lou
>>
> Yee-ha... picked up the key by chance, while I was on a different task
> (and I spotted the Captain of the Guard), and there were some other
> people in the zone. Sure is a bitch in there when you're alone!

I was wrong in my earlier post then, must be the key to the elevator that
drops in The Hole. That, or they changed it to make it more reasonable
to get one...

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 18 Dwarven Shaman, 16 Scholar
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 12:40:35 AM

Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> writes:
> ... You can also get agro from a mob inside, and get him to
> open the door for you, or at least it used to work.

For quite a while now I've noticed that mobs seem to go through
doors, portcullises, etc., without bothering to open them.
Sometimes they run into the obstacle for a second or two before
passing through it. It's sort of annoying sometimes. :-)

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 51 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 40 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don
!