compaq presario 4506 - ram

hello, can anyone tell me what type of ram compaq presario 4506 uses. it has
one slot with 32mb ram in it. can I put more memory in it.

hh

4500s have part of the system RAM soldered on the motherboard. Your 4506
likely has 16 onboard and a 16MB DIMM. in the slot. Max RAM is 48MB on all
4500s except the 4528/32 which have 32MB soldered onboard. The slot will
take up to a 32MB DIMM, max. Standard PC100 SyncDRAM should work fine,
although the units shipped with PC66 memory.
HH

"Colin Richmond" <crichmond@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> hello, can anyone tell me what type of ram compaq presario 4506 uses. it
has
> one slot with 32mb ram in it. can I put more memory in it.

"HH"

Thanks for that infomation. Trying to get info from Compaq, is like getting
blood from a stone.