unmovable files in disk defragmenter 'moves' and slows boo..

Hi,
Sometimes when boot up is slow I check the disk defragmenter and see that
the unmovable files have actually been moved. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thx.

yeshen <yeshen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Sometimes when boot up is slow I check the disk defragmenter and see that
>the unmovable files have actually been moved. Any suggestions are welcome.

"Unmoveable" means that they cannot be moved at the time, Defrag runs.
They may be moved at other times without problems (f. e. if using a
swapfile with a dynamic size or applications that create their own
cache files on the disk).

--
(tm)

Thanx.