Add/remove Programs

Hello,
Came across a program in my add/remove programs called "Window Search" that
is 503 mb....anyone know what this one does? I can't seem to track it down
on my HD....thanks for any help!

Ross
5 answers Last reply
More about remove programs

    Don't know what it is?
    Cannot find out what it is?
    Uninstall it and scan for malware.

    --
    <- Shenan ->
    yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately responsible
    "Ross" <rkilbride@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > Came across a program in my add/remove programs called "Window Search"
    > that
    > is 503 mb....anyone know what this one does? I can't seem to track it down
    > on my HD....thanks for any help!
    >
    > Ross

    Thanks, I have been using SpyBot and Ad Aware for quite sometime and both
    have never picked this up as any malware....

    "Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
    > Don't know what it is?
    > Cannot find out what it is?
    > Uninstall it and scan for malware.
    >
    > --
    > <- Shenan ->
    responsible
    > for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are getting into
    before
    > you jump in with both feet.
    > "Ross" <rkilbride@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > > Came across a program in my add/remove programs called "Window Search"
    > > that
    > > is 503 mb....anyone know what this one does? I can't seem to track it
    down
    > > on my HD....thanks for any help!
    > >
    > > Ross

    I'd still uninstall it.
    If it was something important - you would have the installation media.

    --
    > Thanks, I have been using SpyBot and Ad Aware for quite sometime and both
    > have never picked this up as any malware....
    >

    > "Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Don't know what it is?
    >> Cannot find out what it is?
    >> Uninstall it and scan for malware.
    >>
    >> --
    >> <- Shenan ->
    >> --
    >> The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
    >> yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
    > responsible
    >> for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are getting into
    > before
    >> you jump in with both feet.
    >> "Ross" <rkilbride@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hello,
    >> > Came across a program in my add/remove programs called "Window Search"
    >> > that
    >> > is 503 mb....anyone know what this one does? I can't seem to track it
    > down
    >> > on my HD....thanks for any help!
    >> >
    >> > Ross

    Shenan

    There are a number of reports in Google about "Window Search". The
    problem seems to be that it does not uninstall. There are no solutions
    mentioned.

    --

    Regards.

    Gerry

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    > I'd still uninstall it.
    > If it was something important - you would have the installation media.
    >
    > --
    > <- Shenan ->
    > "Ross" <rkilbride@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Thanks, I have been using SpyBot and Ad Aware for quite sometime and
    >> both
    >> have never picked this up as any malware....
    >>

    >> "Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Don't know what it is?
    >>> Cannot find out what it is?
    >>> Uninstall it and scan for malware.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> <- Shenan ->
    >>> --
    >>> The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research
    >>> for
    >>> yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
    >> responsible
    >>> for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are getting
    >>> into
    >> before
    >>> you jump in with both feet.
    >>> "Ross" <rkilbride@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> down

    Under programs, look for the file folder titled "window search". If there,
    delete it! I always delete any programs that mysteriously appeared out of
    nowhere. When you download certain programs/software, typically, there are
    hidden add-on's. They're a waste in my opinion, usually a sales ploy. Try to
    find the 'exe' file to delete for definite.

Microsoft HD Ross Windows XP