Add/remove Programs

February 27, 2005 5:42:07 PM

Hello,
Came across a program in my add/remove programs called "Window Search" that
is 503 mb....anyone know what this one does? I can't seem to track it down
on my HD....thanks for any help!

Ross

More about : add remove programs

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 5:42:08 PM

Don't know what it is?
Cannot find out what it is?
Uninstall it and scan for malware.

--
<- Shenan ->
yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately responsible
"Ross" <rkilbride@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Came across a program in my add/remove programs called "Window Search"
> that
> is 503 mb....anyone know what this one does? I can't seem to track it down
> on my HD....thanks for any help!
>
> Ross

February 27, 2005 6:01:32 PM

Thanks, I have been using SpyBot and Ad Aware for quite sometime and both
have never picked this up as any malware....

"Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
> Don't know what it is?
> Cannot find out what it is?
> Uninstall it and scan for malware.
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->
responsible
> for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are getting into
before
> you jump in with both feet.
> "Ross" <rkilbride@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > Came across a program in my add/remove programs called "Window Search"
> > that
> > is 503 mb....anyone know what this one does? I can't seem to track it
down
> > on my HD....thanks for any help!
> >
> > Ross

February 27, 2005 6:01:33 PM

I'd still uninstall it.
If it was something important - you would have the installation media.

--
> Thanks, I have been using SpyBot and Ad Aware for quite sometime and both
> have never picked this up as any malware....
>

> "Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
>> Don't know what it is?
>> Cannot find out what it is?
>> Uninstall it and scan for malware.
>>
>> --
>> <- Shenan ->
>> --
>> The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
>> yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
> responsible
>> for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are getting into
> before
>> you jump in with both feet.
>> "Ross" <rkilbride@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> > Came across a program in my add/remove programs called "Window Search"
>> > that
>> > is 503 mb....anyone know what this one does? I can't seem to track it
> down
>> > on my HD....thanks for any help!
>> >
>> > Ross

Anonymous
February 28, 2005 12:47:46 AM

Shenan

There are a number of reports in Google about "Window Search". The
problem seems to be that it does not uninstall. There are no solutions
mentioned.

--

Regards.

Gerry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
news:o FLM25NHFHA.3472@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> I'd still uninstall it.
> If it was something important - you would have the installation media.
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->
> "Ross" <rkilbride@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks, I have been using SpyBot and Ad Aware for quite sometime and
>> both
>> have never picked this up as any malware....
>>

>> "Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Don't know what it is?
>>> Cannot find out what it is?
>>> Uninstall it and scan for malware.
>>>
>>> --
>>> <- Shenan ->
>>> --
>>> The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research
>>> for
>>> yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
>> responsible
>>> for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are getting
>>> into
>> before
>>> you jump in with both feet.
>>> "Ross" <rkilbride@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> down

Anonymous
March 6, 2005 8:03:03 PM

Under programs, look for the file folder titled "window search". If there,
delete it! I always delete any programs that mysteriously appeared out of
nowhere. When you download certain programs/software, typically, there are
hidden add-on's. They're a waste in my opinion, usually a sales ploy. Try to
find the 'exe' file to delete for definite.

!