Automatically adding the date to Windows Backup filename

Hello,

Is there a way to automatically add the date to the nem of the backup file
created by the Windows XP Backup program?

I have my backups listed in the Windows Scheduled Tasks, and I'd like each
backup file to have a name related to the date so that te backup files don't
overwrite each other.

I tried some experimenting with %DATE% and %D%. Whilethe programing is
backing up, I did see the date displayed in the anticipated filename shown in
te dialog box. But when the backup was complete, it just had "%DATE%" as
part of the name, not the actual date.

Thanks.

--

Jeff Miller
Wooster, Ohio USA

    "Jeff Miller" <JeffMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Is there a way to automatically add the date to the nem of the backup file
    >created by the Windows XP Backup program?

    No, I do not think so. The NTBACKUP software is very basic.

    --
    (tm)

    You're right, it is pretty limited, but there are actually a number of
    command line options, so i figured it was worth a try.

    Hoping that someone from Micrsoft will weigh in with an official word, here.

    Jeff Miller

    "Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

    > "Jeff Miller" <JeffMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Is there a way to automatically add the date to the nem of the backup file
    > >created by the Windows XP Backup program?
    >
    > No, I do not think so. The NTBACKUP software is very basic.
    >
    > --
    > (tm)

Backup Microsoft Filename Windows XP