New highest system requirements

FunSurfer

Distinguished
This thread is for people who are going to buy a new PC and want to know that it will run all the current games
at least on high settings (60FPS @1080p).
The new records are from the system recommended requirements (not VR requirements) .
Better system recommended for futureproofing.
Consider new-console-generation-requirements jump.

New Intel CPU record: Core i9-10900K * (10-core 20-thread @3.7GHz)................Record breaking game: The Quarry

New AMD CPU record: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X * (6-core 12-thread @3.7GHz)......Record breaking game: Gotham Knights

New RAM record: 32GB...............................................................................................................Record breaking game: DCS: F-16C Viper

New Nvidia GFX record: GeForce RTX 3070 8GB............................................................Record breaking game: A Plague Tale: Requiem

New AMD GFX record: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB..............................................Record breaking game: The Ascent

New GFX VRAM record: 8GB.....................................................................................................Record breaking game: Conan Exiles

New HDD** space record: 175GB- 242GB...........................................................................Record breaking game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

* CPU requirements seems to be inflated and Core i7 8700K or Ryzen 5 3600 are still good for high settings (60FPS @1080p).
**SSD recommended for smooth gameplay and fast load times (NVMe 2.0 M.2 SSD recommended for smooth gameplay for PS5 new-gen games).

I will try to update as necessary.

Last edited:

nocturnal7x

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008

I don't think those system requirements were "requirements", more I think hardware they have tested the game on and they know work.

I do not know what the game could possibly load into ram that would require 16 gigs LOL.

FunSurfer

Distinguished

This thread is for people who want to buy a new PC that will play ALL games at ultra settings, so I try to update as necessary when new records are made.
A normal search in google to find the latest highest requirements yielded disappointing results.
I personally doubt that this game will actually max out 12 CPU threads.

FunSurfer

Distinguished
Battlefield 4 Recommended System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core i7-930 2.8GHz or AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

RAM: 8GB System Memory

GPU RAM: 3GB Graphics Memory - New record

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or ATI Radeon HD 7870

FunSurfer

Distinguished
Watch Dogs Recommended System Requirements

OS: Windows Vista (SP2) 64bit, Windows 7 (SP1) 64bit or Windows 8 64bit

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 or AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core - new record

CPU CORES: Eight Core CPU Rec Requirement

RAM: 8GB of System Memory

GPU RAM: 2GB graphics card memory and DX11 GFX card

GPU: NVidia GTX 560 ti or AMD Radeon HD 7850

DX: Direct X 11

HD: 20 GB of free hard drive space

FunSurfer

Distinguished

In the first requirements release it was 8GB, then it was updated to 4GB.
Proof:
This forum:
http://blacklight-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=197141
(original post)
Refers to this:
http://blacklight.perfectworld.com/news/?p=342321
(updated post)
Another remnant:
http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=2450&game=Blacklight:%20Retribution

Well it has been updated, but is was one of the first games if not the first itself that recommended 8GB of RAM, hence the "New RAM record". Today there are other games that recommend 8GB of RAM but they are certainly NOT the first.

R34P3RK1NG

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

can you please update this for 2016/2017?

FunSurfer

Distinguished
This thread is for people who are going to buy a new PC and want to know that it will run all the current games
at least on high settings (60FPS @1080p).
The new records are from the system recommended requirements (not VR requirements) .
Better system recommended for futureproofing.
Consider new-console-generation-requirements jump.

New Intel CPU record: Core i9-10900K * (10-core 20-thread @3.7GHz)................Record breaking game: The Quarry

New AMD CPU record: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X * (6-core 12-thread @3.7GHz)......Record breaking game: Gotham Knights

New RAM record: 32GB...............................................................................................................Record breaking game: DCS: F-16C Viper

New Nvidia GFX record: GeForce RTX 3070 8GB............................................................Record breaking game: A Plague Tale: Requiem

New AMD GFX record: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB..............................................Record breaking game: The Ascent

New GFX VRAM record: 8GB.....................................................................................................Record breaking game: Conan Exiles

New HDD** space record: 175GB- 242GB...........................................................................Record breaking game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

* CPU requirements seems to be inflated and Core i7 8700K or Ryzen 5 3600 are still good for high settings (60FPS @1080p).
**SSD recommended for smooth gameplay and fast load times (NVMe 2.0 M.2 SSD recommended for smooth gameplay for PS5 new-gen games).

I will try to update as necessary.
Edit option disabled, sorry no more updates

TRENDING THREADS