Javascript problem

When I go to a website that requires javascript to be enabled I get a message
saying that "javascript on my computer is not enabled". Yet, when I check my
settings the button to enable javascript is highlighted? Can anyone help me
to figure out how to solve this? It started after I upgraded XP SP2. Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about javascript problem

    You need to be internet explorer
    Click on Tools> Internet Options> Advanced Tab

    There is a list of 'Settings'
    Scroll down to find Microsoft VM
    there are 3 Items
    1. Java console enabled
    2. Java Logging enabled
    3. JT Compiler for virtual machine enabled

    Each of these 3 must be ticked!

    Now where did you see 'the button to enable javascript '?

    "jkenny7512" wrote:

    > When I go to a website that requires javascript to be enabled I get a message
    > saying that "javascript on my computer is not enabled". Yet, when I check my
    > settings the button to enable javascript is highlighted? Can anyone help me
    > to figure out how to solve this? It started after I upgraded XP SP2. Thanks.

    Java and JavaScript are not the same.

    Tom

    | You need to be internet explorer
    | Click on Tools> Internet Options> Advanced Tab
    |
    | There is a list of 'Settings'
    | Scroll down to find Microsoft VM
    | there are 3 Items
    | 1. Java console enabled
    | 2. Java Logging enabled
    | 3. JT Compiler for virtual machine enabled
    |
    | Each of these 3 must be ticked!
    |
    | Now where did you see 'the button to enable javascript '?
    |

    | "jkenny7512" wrote:
    |
    | > When I go to a website that requires javascript to be enabled I get a
    message
    | > saying that "javascript on my computer is not enabled". Yet, when I
    check my
    | > settings the button to enable javascript is highlighted? Can anyone help
    me
    | > to figure out how to solve this? It started after I upgraded XP SP2.
    Thanks.

Javascript Microsoft Windows XP