Task scheduler - Help

I am getting the following error mesg when i try to update a task in the
task scheduler. Till last week, it was working fine. When i tried to
change it now, am gettin this error mesg and i am using Win XP Home
edition.

0x80090016 : Keyset doesn't exist

Please help me to fix this problem! Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
N V Nathan
3 answers Last reply
More about task scheduler help

    So what are you trying to do and with which task?

    In news:be7eb765318e7e6c4b07c1e5bb9b52f7@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com,
    TechManiac <narenv@walla.com> had this to say:

    > Please help me to fix this problem! Many thanks in advance.

    Try here:

    JSI Tip 4102. Scheduled Tasks issues 0x80090016 or 0x8009000f ...:
    http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBI/tip4100/rh4102.htm

    Or here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246183

    Please note that the help there is specifically for Windows 2000 but, unless
    I am missing something, should be the same for XP in this case.

    Galen

    mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

    In news:be7eb765318e7e6c4b07c1e5bb9b52f7@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com,
    TechManiac <narenv@walla.com> had this to say:

    > 0x80090016 : Keyset doesn't exist

    Actually, I was thinking that the key may not exist in XP. I was thinking
    that it would but then I thought about it again and it just might not so I
    went to Kelly's site and checked that. Try also this page:

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm

    Enter 0x80090016 into the find field (press CTRL + F) and hit enter and it
    will take you to directions on her site. That link is Kelly's she's an MVP
    so thank her for the advice should you happen to see her and if it works.

    Galen

    mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

Microsoft Windows XP