pvictor

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2003
I have a Lian-Li PC601 case with front panel USB (fabulous case, BTW). However, the cable from the USB ends in ten (10) (count them) single wire female plugs instead of one (1) 2x5 plug matching the USB header on the MB. This makes connecting the USB to the motherboard a real pain.

Does there exist a 'gender changer' connector with a plug on bottom (to attach to the MB) and pins on the top (to handle the single wires from the case front)? Either a connector or a short 10 wire female-male extension cable would work.

If so, what is a source?

I have looked in electronic parts stores here in Minnesota and on the web without success.

Thanks

Victor

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Here's what I do, I install the wires in the correct position, then wrap them very tightly in tape! That way, it will go on and come off in one piece after that.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>