The Sims 2 base game problem

Dustin_Broke

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Here are a pic of the game when it's having the problem. Basicly you see the skin texture repeating and some other textures too. Sometimes on the grass area it's just black but in the house everything looks normal. I need help to fix this problem for The Sims 2 PC game. I only have the base game installed.

Something like this happens couple of times while playing the game but most of the time it shows the grass and things normaly. I just wonder why this happens. Sometimes it's hair that repeats. It really depends.

I do have the latest drivers from Sony and Windows updates from Microsoft for my laptop.

This is the only game I have this problem other games work fine.

My laptop specs

Sony VPC-EB3QFX,
Intel® Core™ i3 - 370M (2.40GHz)
8 GB DDR3/1066MHz
320 GB 5400rpm, Serial ATA
Realtek® High Definition Audio
Intel® HD graphics, 1.7GB VRAM
TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C
Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

The pic is dark since I used my digital cam to take my screen.

005.jpg

Dustin_Broke

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
I just wonder what is the cause of this problem and how can I fix it. All I know is that no matter how many times I reimage the system back to like new again and reinstall my programs this happens. I wonder if there is no way to fix this. But I really would like to fix this since it's odd that I see something like this while playing the game. I don't know if it's because the base game of The Sims 2 is not patched up as the ones that have expansion packs like The Sims 2 Deluxe or Double Deluxe. I did install the latest patch from EA games for The Sims 2 game but that doesn't fix the problem.