X3: Albion Prelude (Triple Monitors / Eyefinity / Surround) [~4K]

Skid

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
X3: Albion Prelude is an stand alone add-on for Terran Conflict, and is designed to explain the changes in the X-Universe between X3:TC and X-Rebirth when it comes out next year, the game uses the same engine as Terran Conflict, so its horizontal plus with correctly scaled HUD but the interface does span all 3 screens. Once again if your monitors width is larger than 1920 pixels and you have lots of bandwidth, set the quality to original and play the video in full screen for a much higher quality.

Direct Video Link: X3: Albion Prelude (Triple Monitors / Eyefinity / Surround) [~4K]
Channel Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/n11skid<!--break-->

Copy paste of video description:

X3: Albion Prelude on the PC, Original resolution was 5040x1050 aspect ratio of (48:10). If you are running a resolution with a width higher then 1920 (30'' monitor or multi monitor) set quality to original and view in fullscreen.

This video shows two sections of gameplay, however it does not show all aspects of the game. The video contains my normal annotations.

i noticed the screen deforms the ships some what. its quite noticeable on my single 1080 display but it must be pretty bad on 3 screens...

you see what i mean in the last pic, in the bottom right where what is supposed to be a circle is stretched out to an ellipse... this is the 1 thing that bugs me with games like this... have you tried altering the FOV?

Skid

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
You did watch the first minute of gameplay didn't you? :p It's one of the first things I commented on on the ingame section.

But yes the fish eye effect is a little extreme in this game, but there not a great deal you can do about that.