Playing SW:TOR on a bad video card

gabeco

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
I ran a test on systemrequirmentslab.com to see if I would be able to run Star Wars: The Old Republic on my computer.

Everything passed but the video, but heres the problem:

The minimum Requirements are 256 MB Video Ram, 3.0 Pixel Shader Version, and 3.0 Vertex Shader Version.

My Card has 1.9G Video Ram, 3.0 PS Version, and 3.0 VS Version. However, it also says card must be ATI Radeon X1800 or better, NVIDIA GeForce 7800 or better, Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better.

I have a GeForce 6150SE nForce 430. My other computer also failed just this part, with 1.9 GB Video RAM and 4.0 Shader Models, but it is an Intel(R) HD Integrated Graphics. Both are intergrated video cards.

Basically I'm asking If I will actually be unable to play it because of the name. Both of my computer failed the test because of the video card name, but both have plenty of Video RAM and up to date Shader Models.

Thankyou

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
im my opinion you will need to upgrade your card to at least something in between recomended and minimum. but if you have the funds get above recomended because even the recomended cannot run it at ultra with 60fps. this comes from my experience in general, not TOR, haven't played it yet.

Read this article. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/star-wars-gaming-tests-review,3087.html

Not sure what the rest of your system looks like, but at minimum I am assuming you need a new power supply to run a new video card and even a lowend gaming card with run you $100-$150 ish. I would assume an upgrade could cost anywhere between $150-$200 to do it right. Assuming the rest of your PC is able to handle the upgrade.

Just being realistic. What are the rest of your system specs.