Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Can i play this game

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 19, 2011 1:24:31 AM

Can i play Battle Field 3 with Core 2 duo 2.93GHz ,4 GB ram and nvidia 8600gt 512mb,i have manage to play skyrim and crysis 2 ect

More about : play game

December 19, 2011 3:52:01 AM

Yes you can play Battlefield 3 on your rig but it will be at 1024x768 resolution on medium to high settings if the shadows and anti-aliasing settings are at OFF.

Running battlefield 3 on the settings at which you played Skyrim or even Crysis 2 is difficult as these titles are DX 9 based but Battlefield 3 is on DX 10 and 11 so you should not expect much from your card.
December 19, 2011 5:37:17 PM

It will run it with difficulty. As mentioned above BF3 is DX10 and 11, so it will run at DX10 on that card. You will need to turn everything you can down or off at a low resolution. It's a GPU intensive game.
Related resources
December 19, 2011 10:06:44 PM

your gfx doesn't meet minimum requirements so if you get it to run its unlikley to be more than a slide show on the busy parts.

but its not just your gfx, you really need a minimum of a tri core to get the best from frostbite.
you also need to be running vista or win7. no xp.

Best solution

December 19, 2011 10:10:39 PM
Share

HEXiT said:
your gfx doesn't meet minimum requirements so if you get it to run its unlikley to be more than a slide show on the busy parts.

but its not just your gfx, you really need a minimum of a tri core to get the best from frostbite.
you also need to be running vista or win7. no xp.


This is inaccurate, with regards to the tri-core. Good dual core and quad core systems show little difference in BF3 benchmarks.
December 27, 2011 5:07:19 AM

thanx ppl !!!!I PLAYED IT !!!!
January 9, 2012 1:58:54 PM

Best answer selected by Paranaya.
January 9, 2012 4:35:50 PM

casualcolors said:
This is inaccurate, with regards to the tri-core. Good dual core and quad core systems show little difference in BF3 benchmarks.

seriously m8 a dual core will seriously limit gameplay with any gfx card over a gtx 260/4870. every 1 i know and play with that have dual core cpus and either the above gfx or bigger is struggling with fps drops into the low teens. systems with lower spec cards handle it well enough but if there is a big diggerence between cpu and gpu power you will have issues on the frostbite engine... this isnt a guess, its a fact...
but hey , he has played the game now, im sure he will find out for himself soon enough.
January 9, 2012 6:33:13 PM

HEXiT said:
seriously m8 a dual core will seriously limit gameplay with any gfx card over a gtx 260/4870. every 1 i know and play with that have dual core cpus and either the above gfx or bigger is struggling with fps drops into the low teens. systems with lower spec cards handle it well enough but if there is a big diggerence between cpu and gpu power you will have issues on the frostbite engine... this isnt a guess, its a fact...
but hey , he has played the game now, im sure he will find out for himself soon enough.


There was some extensive testing done on this subject with regard to BF3 specifically. I forget if it was on guru3d, overclockers.net or on toms. The difference was so negligible that any variation in fps could have been summed up simply by their quad core examples having higher base clocks being used. It was actually interesting for that reason.
!