how do l keep my harddrive from running out of memory ?

mistictwo <mistictwo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>how do l keep my harddrive from running out of memory ?

First of all we need to sort out the terminology.

Hard drive space is normally referred to as storage. Memory is used
in connection with RAM memory chips.

New hard drives are cheaper than dirt these days so the simplest
solution is probably to buy another drive. Either get one that is
larger than your present one and have the contents of your drive
transferred to it; or have the new drive installed as a second hard
drive in your computer, which will result in your having two hard
drives available for storage.

In order to make the two hard drive system work you will need to
become familiar with the concept of drive letters and how to designate
which drive is to be used when saving a file or installing a program.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP