Cannot See Processes Menu

My computer has been very slow lately. I know it's because of spyware/adware,
and i have programs to deal with that. The problem is that i know there are
several programs running that i have no control over, programs that aren't
basic processes and i know how to close, but not stop from turning on when I
boot my computer up. I go to ctr+alt+del, then processes to close down any
suspicious programs, but recently, i lost the top of the Ctr+Alt+Del menu. I
cannot change to see what processes are running, or even Xout of the window,
i have to use ALT+F4 to do so.

Does anyone know why my CTR+ALT+DEL menu is on the fritz or how i can turn
off these processes that start up with my computer?
Thanks,
ShadowSurfer27

Open Task Manager and double-click anywhere on the top Windo­w border.
Somehow, you managed to convert Task Manager to run in "Tiny­ Footprint Mode".

Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314227&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"ShadowSurfer27" wrote:

| My computer has been very slow lately. I know it's because of spyware/adware,
| and i have programs to deal with that. The problem is that i know there are
| several programs running that i have no control over, programs that aren't
| basic processes and i know how to close, but not stop from turning on when I
| boot my computer up. I go to ctr+alt+del, then processes to close down any
| suspicious programs, but recently, i lost the top of the Ctr+Alt+Del menu. I
| cannot change to see what processes are running, or even Xout of the window,
| i have to use ALT+F4 to do so.
|
| Does anyone know why my CTR+ALT+DEL menu is on the fritz or how i can turn
| off these processes that start up with my computer?
| Thanks,
| ShadowSurfer27

By all means, clean the machine of all malware. Then check out my earlier
post MSCONFIG (2/28) and the response from Galen.

Rip

"ShadowSurfer27" <ShadowSurfer27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer has been very slow lately. I know it's because of
> spyware/adware,
> and i have programs to deal with that. The problem is that i know there
> are
> several programs running that i have no control over, programs that aren't
> basic processes and i know how to close, but not stop from turning on when
> boot my computer up. I go to ctr+alt+del, then processes to close down any
> suspicious programs, but recently, i lost the top of the Ctr+Alt+Del menu.
> cannot change to see what processes are running, or even Xout of the
> window,
> i have to use ALT+F4 to do so.
>
> Does anyone know why my CTR+ALT+DEL menu is on the fritz or how i can turn
> off these processes that start up with my computer?
> Thanks,
> ShadowSurfer27

~Thanks A Million~