Cannot See Processes Menu

My computer has been very slow lately. I know it's because of spyware/adware,
and i have programs to deal with that. The problem is that i know there are
several programs running that i have no control over, programs that aren't
basic processes and i know how to close, but not stop from turning on when I
boot my computer up. I go to ctr+alt+del, then processes to close down any
suspicious programs, but recently, i lost the top of the Ctr+Alt+Del menu. I
cannot change to see what processes are running, or even Xout of the window,
i have to use ALT+F4 to do so.

Does anyone know why my CTR+ALT+DEL menu is on the fritz or how i can turn
off these processes that start up with my computer?
Thanks,
ShadowSurfer27
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot processes menu

    Open Task Manager and double-click anywhere on the top Windo­w border.
    Somehow, you managed to convert Task Manager to run in "Tiny­ Footprint Mode".

    Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314227&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "ShadowSurfer27" wrote:

    | My computer has been very slow lately. I know it's because of spyware/adware,
    | and i have programs to deal with that. The problem is that i know there are
    | several programs running that i have no control over, programs that aren't
    | basic processes and i know how to close, but not stop from turning on when I
    | boot my computer up. I go to ctr+alt+del, then processes to close down any
    | suspicious programs, but recently, i lost the top of the Ctr+Alt+Del menu. I
    | cannot change to see what processes are running, or even Xout of the window,
    | i have to use ALT+F4 to do so.
    |
    | Does anyone know why my CTR+ALT+DEL menu is on the fritz or how i can turn
    | off these processes that start up with my computer?
    | Thanks,
    | ShadowSurfer27

    By all means, clean the machine of all malware. Then check out my earlier
    post MSCONFIG (2/28) and the response from Galen.

    Rip

    "ShadowSurfer27" <ShadowSurfer27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My computer has been very slow lately. I know it's because of
    > spyware/adware,
    > and i have programs to deal with that. The problem is that i know there
    > are
    > several programs running that i have no control over, programs that aren't
    > basic processes and i know how to close, but not stop from turning on when
    > boot my computer up. I go to ctr+alt+del, then processes to close down any
    > suspicious programs, but recently, i lost the top of the Ctr+Alt+Del menu.
    > cannot change to see what processes are running, or even Xout of the
    > window,
    > i have to use ALT+F4 to do so.
    >
    > Does anyone know why my CTR+ALT+DEL menu is on the fritz or how i can turn
    > off these processes that start up with my computer?
    > Thanks,
    > ShadowSurfer27

    ~Thanks A Million~

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Open Task Manager and double-click anywhere on the top Windo­w border.
    > Somehow, you managed to convert Task Manager to run in "Tiny­ Footprint Mode".
    >
    > Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314227&Product=winxp
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

    > "ShadowSurfer27" wrote:
    >
    > | My computer has been very slow lately. I know it's because of spyware/adware,
    > | and i have programs to deal with that. The problem is that i know there are
    > | several programs running that i have no control over, programs that aren't
    > | basic processes and i know how to close, but not stop from turning on when I
    > | boot my computer up. I go to ctr+alt+del, then processes to close down any
    > | suspicious programs, but recently, i lost the top of the Ctr+Alt+Del menu. I
    > | cannot change to see what processes are running, or even Xout of the window,
    > | i have to use ALT+F4 to do so.
    > |
    > | Does anyone know why my CTR+ALT+DEL menu is on the fritz or how i can turn
    > | off these processes that start up with my computer?
    > | Thanks,
    > | ShadowSurfer27

Computers Windows XP