Properties Disclosure?

When I right click on an exe file and select Properties: the Company,
Version Number, Date Created etc is not available in XP Pro.

Is there another way to determine this informatiom or did that feature
leave along with the ability to defragment a floppy?

The more I am learning about XP (Pro at least) the more I am finding
changed or--- totally missing. :-(

Johann
1 answer Last reply
More about properties disclosure

    This info is still in XP.

    Right click a file | Properties | Version tab

    This info is part of the file and not all files have real good info.
    Especially if it is spyware or a virus. Or whoever put it together was lazy
    or secretive.

    Click a category on the left to display the information on the right.

    Other version information
    Item Name:
    Company
    File Version
    Internal Name
    Language
    Original File Name
    Product Name
    Product Version

    Sometimes, if someone was really industrious, there is info under the
    Summary tab also.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:pan.2005.03.02.00.51.53.425000@prodigy.net,
    Johann Backer <j_backerDELETE@prodigy.net> hunted and pecked:
    > When I right click on an exe file and select Properties: the Company,
    > Version Number, Date Created etc is not available in XP Pro.
    >
    > Is there another way to determine this information or did that feature
    > leave along with the ability to defragment a floppy?
    >
    > The more I am learning about XP (Pro at least) the more I am finding
    > changed or--- totally missing. :-(
    >
    > Johann

Microsoft Windows XP