P/S requirement calculated

PCHardstuff

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2001
Below is my list of components and my estimated power consumption of each, assuming each component were operating at full load. Please look this over and let me know if it looks like I miscalculated something. It looks to me like I've got to get a Antec True Power 550 watt p/s. If I calculated correctly, I am going be almost at 75% load assuming everything were running at max load. I already have everything except the p/s.

Abit IC7-G w/ p4 3.0 200 watts?
2 WD Raptor Drives 30 watts
2 WD 120gb SATA Drives 20 watts
11 Antec 80mm LED Fans 40 watts
3 Sunbeam 12" Cold Cathode lights 12 watts
1 Sony DVD burner 11 watts
1 plextor premium burner 11 watts
2 vantec hard coolers 5 watts
Asus V9950 ultra FX video card 40 watts
Vantec 3.5" bay fan speed controller 5 watts
Audigy Platinum 18 watts
Corsair TwinX 3200LL (2x512mb) 5 watts
Lian Li 3.5" front panel LED display 5 watts
Floppy drive 2 watts

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You don't HAVE to get a True Power 550W unit, the Fortron 530W unit puts out more power for less money.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
my god... sure you got enough casefans there???
and 300W for the mobo and CPU is a little excessive.

IMHO a quality 420W psu should be pleanty.
i dont believe all those wattage figures, plus not everything is running full power at once, except for possibly startup and then its only for a few seconds.

<b>My Car comes with Hyper Threading enabled:
1970 General Motors Holden HT Kingswood Wagon :smile:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

550W is well in the safe zone for you, but to save you some money I 2nd Crashmans suggestion to you.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

11 case fans, your nuts!

I didn't say anything about case fans, try to learn how to use the forums, its not that hard even for a tech.

<b><font color=purple>Listing your system specs, will greatly aid us, in being able to help you solve your problem.</font color=purple></b>