Fans and Cases

mongoose

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2001
I'm sure this questions will sound pretty lame but here goes :)

I just bought a ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Mobo w/ANTEC LanBoy case. I want to make sure I have good airflow and since the case didn't come with any case fans (besides the one build into the PSU), I wanted to buy 2 fans. I noticed on my Mobo there are FAN pin connectors for 1 CHA, CPU, and POW. Now since I'm buying 2 CHA type fans will that be an issue. I'm assuming the pin connector on the Mobo is if I want to monitor it somehow.

And if this is the case, what is preferred to monitor out of the 2 CHA(ssy) fans? The front or the back one?

THanks,
-v

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Your motherboard only had 1 chassis fan header? You could use the Power fan connector for the second chassis fan, so long as it reaches. Or you could get fans with the 4-pin header to connect to your power supply. Or even one 3 pin for the rear and a 4 pin for the front, if you want to monitor the speed of just the rear fan.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>