what does this "Serious" error mesaage mean?

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I just turned on my computer ... this box came up on the screen:

"The system has recovered from a serious error.
A log of this error has been created.
To see what data this error report contains, click here. "

When I click to see the data, a larger box opens with pretty technical stuff
.... a lot of details also about confidentiality regarding the possibility of
sharing my name address, etc., etc.

(I can reproduce the exact wording of that box if needed here)

Anyhow, can someone recognize this and advise me?

What is (was) this serious error?

Thanks, Michael

--
Michael

carlos

Distinguished
May 5, 2002

Michael,
I saw that message once when I accidentally turned off
power to my computer before it had finished shutting
down. As "Modem Ani" suggests I do not think you have a
problem.
Carlos
..

One of the great things about Windows XP is how it's able to recover from a
"serious error" and carry one like nothing happened. If this is the first
time it happened, or if it happens only rarely, don't worry about it. If it
starts to happen often, then you may have a problem on your hands.

Without seeing the technical details it's impossible to know what caused the
"serious problem". Don't worry about it.

Modem Ani

"Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just turned on my computer ... this box came up on the screen:
>

> "The system has recovered from a serious error.
> A log of this error has been created.
> To see what data this error report contains, click here. "
>
> When I click to see the data, a larger box opens with pretty technical
stuff
> ... a lot of details also about confidentiality regarding the possibility
of
> sharing my name address, etc., etc.
>
> (I can reproduce the exact wording of that box if needed here)
>
> Anyhow, can someone recognize this and advise me?
>
> What is (was) this serious error?
>
> Thanks, Michael
>

> --
> Michael

Michael

You seem to move from one problem to the next not telling how the last
crisis was resolved. Was your earlier suspected virus a virus and if so
how did you remove it?

If you have problem you should provide the error report / message. We
are not mind readers!

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry