Windows 7 -64bit on SONY VAIO VGN--NR11S

Status
Not open for further replies.

vectorm12

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
I've just installed Windows 7 BETA (buid 7k) on my VGN-NR11S today everything works better than I expected with the exception of one single device/module I haven't been able to identify and thus haven't found a driver for. Sony does not provide any 64bit drivers for this machine (even though the system actually came factory installed with Vista 32bit). What I did with the other of the two modules was basicly link the 32bit driver package to the module and let the system decide on what driver was appropriet(being 32bit drivers they cannot be used but identified the module as a Texas Instruments flashcard-controller enabeling me to find a working driver for it)

This however does not work with the other unknown device and that is why I am asking for your help.

The clues I can get out of the device manager is as follows:

Hardware ids: ACPI\SNY5001 *SNY5001

I haven't actually found out what feature I am missing right now(it all seems to work the way it's supposed to but I would still like to get to the bottom about what this device is and what it does so any tips/tricks are more than welcome.

If you have any idea about where I could aquire a 64bit driver for the device I will ofcourse be most thankful as well.

Solution
If I'm not mistaken - That's part of the chipset. What I would do is identify the motherboard you ahve in your machine, then head to Intel and download the appropriate driver set. Then go into Device manager and point 7 to the folder you downloaded the file to. It shoudl detect and install what you need from there.
If I'm not mistaken - That's part of the chipset. What I would do is identify the motherboard you ahve in your machine, then head to Intel and download the appropriate driver set. Then go into Device manager and point 7 to the folder you downloaded the file to. It shoudl detect and install what you need from there.

Solution

vectorm12

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
I'm gonna try that but it seems as if it would be a module connected to the chipset and not the chipset itself since the the device manager says that the location is "ON" and not "IN".

None the less I will try that and make a note of what happend here, thanks.

G

http://www.vaio-link.com/os/vista/64bit/

These worked for me on win7 with TI card reader.

However I am looking for a keyboard driver that would allow me to use fn keys and S1 and AVMode keys.

sony Vaio VGN-NR498E

Status
Not open for further replies.