Cooler Master Wavemaster - any experiences?

LagunaSol

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003
Just picked up this beautiful aluminum case for my new gaming box I'm building. My first PC since 1993-ish when I bought a 486-DX33, quickly realized it was a POS (Windows 3.1? Ugh!), and dumped it for a new Powerbook. But my current G4 Dual needed a companion, and I was sick of the lame state of Mac gaming, so here I sit with 2 boxes on my desk. Previews of Half-Life 2 pushed me over the edge. Curse you, Valve.

Does anyone have any experience with this case? I read a lot of positive reviews, but haven't seen much commentary in the forums. It was more expensive than most the other cases I looked at, but much cheaper than the new G5 I'm dying for....

Gotta love aluminum. Until adamantium cases come along... :)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If you send it to me, I'll review it, submit the review to your favorite site, and give you credit for providing the sample:)

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

dstell

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
We reviewed the first revision of this case here -

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20030428/case_review-05.html

ATCS which was the design studio for Coolermaster has now been rolled back under the Coolermaster banner and the latest revision of the case features front mounted fans which offer better cooling than the last version.

Look for a revised review of the Wavemaster in the next case review.

Over all it is an excellent case with quality construction and with the latest revisions it looks to be very good, but until we the latest version, I can only go on what I have seen up close on display at Computex. It looks good and should perform well, we will see how it does in the fall case review.

vsmith30

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
If I order this case from newegg.com, how do I know if it is the newer model? I have all the parts to build my computer but have been having a difficult time choosing a case. I love the design of this case but have heard some negative feedback about the case fans and cooling. Thanks.

dstell

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
From my understanding all of the cases in the channel should be of the new design.

If it has the Coolermaster logo on the front and it is in the Coolermaster box, you should be okay.