Disable services for Alternate profile

I'm trying to set up a alternate boot profile in XP with certain services
disabled. My goal is to free up as many resources as possible.I would like to
set up a separate gaming profile running only minimal services and drivers.
When I try to make a user profile like this it disables services for all
users.My wife is fairly inept at remembering how to restart services such as
the print spooler or camera wizard.

I'm using XP pro SP2
Any suggestions?

"Sonomaa" <Sonomaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to set up a alternate boot profile in XP with certain services
>disabled.

Services are machine-specific, not user specific. You cannot set up
different Services profiles therefore.

--
(tm)

test

You could try setting up a new hardware profile instead!

"test" wrote:

> You could try setting up a new hardware profile instead!

Can the hardware profiles have different services enabled/disabled?