PC is drastically underperforming

Last response: in Video Games
December 20, 2011 4:18:26 AM

Alright first off PC Specs

P5Q-E Mobo
4 gb DDR2 ram
Q9550 cpu
Radeon HD 4870 1GB DDR5 -gpu

Other day my pc was completely shitting the bed and was having two problems. 1) It would turn on, then off, then on and stay on. and 2) It wouldnt give any audio to my monitor

So i literally had to take it apart, put it back together, clean it all out and reset BIOS via the jumpers and eventually got it to work.

Now ive lately been playing the new Star Wars MMO (not exactly a graphical powerhouse) and my FPS have sucked a good amount, and I literally have been forced to put all the settings on med/low (no bloom/aa) to get a mediocre FPS which still drops.

Is there an easyway to troubleshoot to figure out exactly what component of mine is dogging me down ? I have a feeling there could be problems with my hardrive, cpu oddly underclocking itself (CPU-Z is reporting my cpu speed all over the place), or that my GPU is simply dying.

Any suggestions that will help me figure out wth my problem is ?

December 20, 2011 3:46:35 PM

dcm1602 said:
Alright first off PC Specs

P5Q-E Mobo
4 gb DDR2 ram
Q9550 cpu
Radeon HD 4870 1GB DDR5 -gpu

Other day my pc was completely shitting the bed and was having two problems. 1) It would turn on, then off, then on and stay on. and 2) It wouldnt give any audio to my monitor

So i literally had to take it apart, put it back together, clean it all out and reset BIOS via the jumpers and eventually got it to work.

Now ive lately been playing the new Star Wars MMO (not exactly a graphical powerhouse) and my FPS have sucked a good amount, and I literally have been forced to put all the settings on med/low (no bloom/aa) to get a mediocre FPS which still drops.

Is there an easyway to troubleshoot to figure out exactly what component of mine is dogging me down ? I have a feeling there could be problems with my hardrive, cpu oddly underclocking itself (CPU-Z is reporting my cpu speed all over the place), or that my GPU is simply dying.

Any suggestions that will help me figure out wth my problem is ?

Check your temps. Disable any setting in the bios that can change the CPU speed on the fly.
m
l
!