used atx cases

ninj00

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2003
My friend recommended I get a used atx case for a system I want to build. Does anyone know where I can get one.

"We're on a mission from God."-Elwood Blues, the Blues Brothers

dstell

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
Well, I am not sure that it is worth it to buy one used.

Most local retailers have cheap generic cases with power supplies that can be had for as little as $25 to $35.

Although you get what you pay for with these cases, I am of the opinion that I can't see why you would want to save a few dollars and I mean less than $5 or $10 to purchase a used case.

I would suggest unless you know someone who is trying to unload an older case, why not just buy the new one.

Of course if you are becoming a serious computer user, it might just be better to invest in a good case and have it go through the next couple of upgrades with you.

RobD

Champion
You can get some good ATX cases for low prices these days, so you wouldn't be doing yourself any favours. IMO, the case is the one area your <i>don't</i> want to scrimp on, especially if it's for your rig.

<font color=blue>"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that" - Bill Shankly</font color=blue>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Indeed, cheap cases can be found just about ANYWHERE.

Unfortunately in most cases CHEAP also equals CRAP.
(Especially if a PSU is included)

If you want a decent rig for overclocking or a medium to top level system a cheap case aint for you.

The PSU will inevitable cauze stability problems and it will get too hot inside due to lack of adequate ventilation.

<b>I am not a AMD fanboy.
I am not a Via fanboy.
I am not a ATI fanboy.
I AM a performance fanboy.
And a low price fanboy. :smile:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>