please help...i have xp and when i connect to the internet and pop ups start
i lose available memory. it gets down to the sometimes 6% which is not
enough memory to close the pop ups. when i try to close browsers it always
says program not responding. i have ran spybot and disc defrag. and all
other system tools to try and help. nothing works. i have a pop up blocker
but that doesnt seem to work either.

diana

If youre running XP SP2,there's a memory fix for IE,chk on the specifics,its
kb872942

"Diana Johnstone" wrote:

> please help...i have xp and when i connect to the internet and pop ups start
> i lose available memory. it gets down to the sometimes 6% which is not
> enough memory to close the pop ups. when i try to close browsers it always
> says program not responding. i have ran spybot and disc defrag. and all
> other system tools to try and help. nothing works. i have a pop up blocker
> but that doesnt seem to work either.
>
> diana

Diana

Have you run a full anti-virus scan?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Diana Johnstone" <raidersfan4ever2003@msn.com> wrote in message
> please help...i have xp and when i connect to the internet and pop ups
> start i lose available memory. it gets down to the sometimes 6% which
> is not enough memory to close the pop ups. when i try to close
> browsers it always says program not responding. i have ran spybot and
> disc defrag. and all other system tools to try and help. nothing
> works. i have a pop up blocker but that doesnt seem to work either.
>
> diana

The culprit may be outlook express. I don't remember where the setting is.
"Gerry Cornell" wrote:

> Diana
>
> Have you run a full anti-virus scan?
>
> --
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> FCA
>
> Using invalid email address
>
> Stourport, Worcs, England
> Enquire, plan and execute.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Please tell the newsgroup how any
> suggested solution worked for you.
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> "Diana Johnstone" <raidersfan4ever2003@msn.com> wrote in message
> > please help...i have xp and when i connect to the internet and pop ups
> > start i lose available memory. it gets down to the sometimes 6% which
> > is not enough memory to close the pop ups. when i try to close
> > browsers it always says program not responding. i have ran spybot and
> > disc defrag. and all other system tools to try and help. nothing
> > works. i have a pop up blocker but that doesnt seem to work either.
> >
> > diana

TFW

I suspect you have a corrupted folders dbx in mind. I would look
elsewhere for the cause.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry