available memory

please help...i have xp and when i connect to the internet and pop ups start
i lose available memory. it gets down to the sometimes 6% which is not
enough memory to close the pop ups. when i try to close browsers it always
says program not responding. i have ran spybot and disc defrag. and all
other system tools to try and help. nothing works. i have a pop up blocker
but that doesnt seem to work either.

diana
4 answers Last reply
More about available memory

    If youre running XP SP2,there's a memory fix for IE,chk on the specifics,its
    kb872942

    "Diana Johnstone" wrote:

    > please help...i have xp and when i connect to the internet and pop ups start
    > i lose available memory. it gets down to the sometimes 6% which is not
    > enough memory to close the pop ups. when i try to close browsers it always
    > says program not responding. i have ran spybot and disc defrag. and all
    > other system tools to try and help. nothing works. i have a pop up blocker
    > but that doesnt seem to work either.
    >
    > diana

    Diana

    Have you run a full anti-virus scan?

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Diana Johnstone" <raidersfan4ever2003@msn.com> wrote in message
    > please help...i have xp and when i connect to the internet and pop ups
    > start i lose available memory. it gets down to the sometimes 6% which
    > is not enough memory to close the pop ups. when i try to close
    > browsers it always says program not responding. i have ran spybot and
    > disc defrag. and all other system tools to try and help. nothing
    > works. i have a pop up blocker but that doesnt seem to work either.
    >
    > diana

    The culprit may be outlook express. I don't remember where the setting is.
    "Gerry Cornell" wrote:

    > Diana
    >
    > Have you run a full anti-virus scan?
    >
    > --
    >

    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > Gerry
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > FCA
    >
    > Using invalid email address
    >
    > Stourport, Worcs, England
    > Enquire, plan and execute.
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > Please tell the newsgroup how any
    > suggested solution worked for you.
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >

    > "Diana Johnstone" <raidersfan4ever2003@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > please help...i have xp and when i connect to the internet and pop ups
    > > start i lose available memory. it gets down to the sometimes 6% which
    > > is not enough memory to close the pop ups. when i try to close
    > > browsers it always says program not responding. i have ran spybot and
    > > disc defrag. and all other system tools to try and help. nothing
    > > works. i have a pop up blocker but that doesnt seem to work either.
    > >
    > > diana

    TFW

    I suspect you have a corrupted folders dbx in mind. I would look
    elsewhere for the cause.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "tfw48079" <tfw48079@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The culprit may be outlook express. I don't remember where the
    > setting is.
    > "Gerry Cornell" wrote:
    >
    >> Diana
    >>
    >> Have you run a full anti-virus scan?
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >> Hope this helps.
    >>
    >> Gerry
    >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >> FCA
    >>
    >> Using invalid email address
    >>
    >> Stourport, Worcs, England
    >> Enquire, plan and execute.
    >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >> Please tell the newsgroup how any
    >> suggested solution worked for you.
    >>
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>
    >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >>

    >> "Diana Johnstone" <raidersfan4ever2003@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> > please help...i have xp and when i connect to the internet and pop
    >> > ups
    >> > start i lose available memory. it gets down to the sometimes 6%
    >> > which
    >> > is not enough memory to close the pop ups. when i try to close
    >> > browsers it always says program not responding. i have ran spybot
    >> > and
    >> > disc defrag. and all other system tools to try and help. nothing
    >> > works. i have a pop up blocker but that doesnt seem to work
    >> > either.
    >> >
    >> > diana

Memory Windows XP