Full Game Download Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

swlindz1

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
So I ordered a new pc and recevied a free voucher for Batman Arkham City and BF3. I already have both of these games on the PS3 and I was going to return, but then I asked myself what if I have a hard drive failure or need to reformat? Can I redownload the game with the free voucher? Or can I need to backup the entire game directory?
What would I do?!?

Thanks!

Solution
AS mentioned above the vouchers are usually tied to an account, like Steam. BF3 would most likely be for EA's Origin, their download manager. If you have a hard drive failure you can just download it again.

By the way, both of those games are GREAT PC games that look much better than their counterpart. My cubical neighbor at work has Arkham City for PC and uses a wired Xbox controller. He loves it. If you have an Nvidia card you can enable PhysX that make it look even better.

BF3 on PC is just far superior to the console counter part. More people, more Conquest flags. Just more STUFF. I think with the Back to Karkand expansion some maps have up to 7 control points.

Just curious, what PC did you get? Specs. I have to be nosy...
AS mentioned above the vouchers are usually tied to an account, like Steam. BF3 would most likely be for EA's Origin, their download manager. If you have a hard drive failure you can just download it again.

By the way, both of those games are GREAT PC games that look much better than their counterpart. My cubical neighbor at work has Arkham City for PC and uses a wired Xbox controller. He loves it. If you have an Nvidia card you can enable PhysX that make it look even better.

BF3 on PC is just far superior to the console counter part. More people, more Conquest flags. Just more STUFF. I think with the Back to Karkand expansion some maps have up to 7 control points.

Just curious, what PC did you get? Specs. I have to be nosy.

Also, if you don't want the vouchers, you can always sell them to a friend. People do that alot. I've seen both of those games bundles with video cards recently, so they pop up for sale alot.

Solution

swlindz1

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011

Nice. I didnt even think about the games being tied to steam and origin, that works out great. You're absolutley right, these games look way better on PC, no comparison. When I first launched BF3 I could not beleive my eyes for the detail was drastically higher. Despite a couple of downfalls: my PS3 account is at level 40 and unfortunelty stats wont export to PC, and I have the expansion on PS3 but no PC. Batman I must say looks really good on PS3 in 3D, so Im excited to see what the PC has to offer. I'll list my specs below but Im curious if can I run Batman with a 560ti 2gb in 3D? If so I will sell my batman copy for the PS3.

my new rig ( could of spent $300 more for a killer but this definetly does the job)

Asus p8z68-Pro Gen3
MSI Twin Frozr ii 560ti 2gb
2x4gb corsair vengenace LP 1600
Intel 320 160gb SSD
i5-2500k
hyper 212 evo
Sound Blaster Fatality sound card

running with a 750 corsair psu in the ol antec 900 on air soon to OC. with dual 22" widescreens or 55" LG 3D

Skyrim runs maxed out 50-60 fps with occlusion on
BF3 Ultra details with all other settings on high running flawlessly

Thank you!!

Cheers and Happy Holidays, game on!

A 560Ti is good enough for any new game at reasonable setting. Below is a link for a Batman in 3D review. Your system is very nice. Your base setup will hold you well for a good 3 years and maybe beyond. The i5 is a staple many gaming rigs. A video card is easily upgradeable and your power supply will handle any single card out there.

And yea. BF3 looks bad ass, doesn't it? I didn't think they had a non Limited edition for PC. But if it was a free voucher, that is probably how they get you. The expansion is WELL worth the $15. Most of the new... I mean reused from BF2, have up to7 control points. I think they are better than the original BF3 maps for Conquest.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=878&Itemid=64

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS