I have a ton of stuff that I bought, won, was given, etc for different toons
that are no more. If I go to an NPC even with cha over 150 I am offered
very little for it.
I know I need to make a trader in the Bazaar, but not sure of some things
there.
Do I need food and water on my trader when selling?
Do I have to buy and keep on me multiple trader packs or can they sit in my
bank?
I was told I could use my Bard and make him play an instriment before I go
into trader-mode and I would get skill-ups, is this true?
Any other tips would be handy.

Thanks for the help ... Ben

"Ben F." <mr_homn1960@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Do I need food and water on my trader when selling?

Generally no, you wont use food and water in trader mode. But if you are
selling stat food etc, its a good idea to keep some food / water on you to
stop from eating those on your bank trips.

> Do I have to buy and keep on me multiple trader packs or can they sit in
my
> bank?

Have to buy trading satchels (only bought in bazaar), and keep them on that
character.

> I was told I could use my Bard and make him play an instriment before I go
> into trader-mode and I would get skill-ups, is this true?

Yes, this is generally frowned upon due to the spam it causes, and I believe
that if somebody petitions you while you are AFK, you can get kicked. Thats
if they can find a GM.

Personally I would prefer bards to do this in an out of the way place so as
not to spam people, but tis up to you.

> Any other tips would be handy.

Just check the prices of stuff before you price it up (in the baz window),
and base your prices on that (undercutting is not always the best thing to
make pp btw).

Ben F. wrote:

> Do I have to buy and keep on me multiple trader packs or can they sit in my
> bank?

This has been answered, but I'm thinking you're asking something else
rather than what has been answered. To sell your items, the trader
satchels must be on your character when going in to trader mode. Any
trader satchels in your bank will not be put up for sale when you
do that. But, you can switch your trader satchels back into the
bank and get regular containers if you wish to go hunt with that
character. As has been mentioned, be careful about that. You can
die from zoning out of the bazaar when holding all your trader
satchels if you're encumbered enough.

Tracey

Michael <NOSPAM_Lin_mukai@comcast.net> writes:
> Pricing things: for the most part if you want to move your stuff quickly
> you need your items to be at the lowest price in the bazaar. Otherwise
> people are of course going to buy whatever is lowest and not your stuff.

A couple corrections to this. First, amazing though it sounds,
people may buy things from you even if your price isn't the lowest
available. Darned if I know why, but I've seen it happen many
times. Sometimes it's a volume thing: if you have 100 bone chips
at 1 plat each, and someone wants them all, they'll come to you
rather than go to the six other people who have 10-30 each at
3-8 gold apiece. But sometimes I sell a lore item even though
another trader has it up at a lower price. I think some buyers
just don't bother to sort by price, and the /bazaar window by
default comes up sorted by item name (including the quantity
part), with ties broken by listing first whoever most recently
went into trader mode. So they'll ask for "rallic pack" and then
go buy the first one listed.

The other correction is that there are two ways to make your stuff
be the lowest prices in the bazaar. You can check the other prices
and make yours lower, or (if not lore items) you can buy up all the
cheaper stock and add it to yours. Now, you have to be careful if
you do this, because other traders might keep showing up with more
of the same stuff priced lower than yours. But over time you can
learn what the "going rate" is on many items. E.g., for a while
the going rate for Blue Diamonds on my server was about 400pp, so
I sold mine at 390 and would buy up any I found at 370 or less.
(Making at least a 5% profit seems like a good rule of thumb.) I'd
also have my non-trader characters check NPC merchants, especially
at LDON camps and other popular spots, and buy BDs at 262pp; for
each three I found I'd sell two and keep one for my own use, so I
was sort of getting mine "for free". But you have to watch out,
because prices can change over time. Either the demand goes away
(due to server population dropping, or new recipes coming out so
the old ones aren't as interesting), or the supply goes up (SOE
increased the drop rate of Blue Diamonds some months ago, and the
typical bazaar price these days is much closer to the NPC price).

Probably the best situation is when you're willing to use something
yourself. Recently I've begun stockpiling ingredients to practice
high-level Tailoring. If I see Flawless Rockhopper Hides at 200 I
buy them, because I'm willing to pay that price to save myself the
trouble of hunting for them. But until I actually get around to
using them, I leave them on my trader priced in the 350-400 range,
because I'm happy to take the profit if they happen to sell (which
they sometimes do).

Note: Some traders deliberately put low prices on tradeskill items
because they want to encourage tradeskillers, believing tradeskillers
make the game better for everyone. They're probably right, so I too
try not to gouge the tradeskillers, and that's also why I prefer to
buy tradeskill items that I'd be willing to use myself if I got
"stuck" with them.

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 51 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 40 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don

"Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message

> "Ben F." <mr_homn1960@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Do I need food and water on my trader when selling?
>
> Generally no, you wont use food and water in trader mode. But if you are
> selling stat food etc, its a good idea to keep some food / water on you to
> stop from eating those on your bank trips.

The bazaar has a bank, so you can stay in the bazaar. So long as you do this
you wont consume any food/water.

Vladesch wrote:
> "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message
>
>>"Ben F." <mr_homn1960@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>>>Do I need food and water on my trader when selling?
>>
>>Generally no, you wont use food and water in trader mode. But if you are
>>selling stat food etc, its a good idea to keep some food / water on you to
>>stop from eating those on your bank trips.
>>

> The bazaar has a bank, so you can stay in the bazaar. So long as you do this
> you wont consume any food/water.

That's sorta kinda wrong. You don't consume food/water *when you're
in trader mode*. When out of it, you do. My trader hasn't left the
bazaar since the day she ran in there, the day she was created, and
I am usually only out of trader to run buy something I want to buy
or run to the bank and back to restock on merchandise and drop off
money and, in the past year and a half that she's been there, I've
had to buy probably four stacks of water and four stacks of food
because I *do* sell stat food. If you don't sell stat food, then
I guess you could put up with the 'You are out of food and water'
messages if you wanted to.

Tracey

<hidone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| 1. If you didn't know, you eat and drink whatever is in the left
hand
| column (top to bottom order) then the right hand column (top to
bottom)
| so if you do sell stat food be sure to have your eatable food and
drink
| above and/or left of the stat food.

My traders don't seem to eat or drink when in trader mode....

/eye hidone

Tracey <rbrancher2@aol.com> wrote in news:41CCD678.5090704@aol.com:

> Vladesch wrote:
>> "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Ben F." <mr_homn1960@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>Generally no, you wont use food and water in trader mode. But if you
>>>are selling stat food etc, its a good idea to keep some food / water
>>>on you to stop from eating those on your bank trips.
>>>

>> The bazaar has a bank, so you can stay in the bazaar. So long as you
>> do this you wont consume any food/water.
>
> That's sorta kinda wrong. You don't consume food/water *when you're
> in trader mode*. When out of it, you do. My trader hasn't left the
> bazaar since the day she ran in there, the day she was created, and
> I am usually only out of trader to run buy something I want to buy
> or run to the bank and back to restock on merchandise and drop off
> money and, in the past year and a half that she's been there, I've
> had to buy probably four stacks of water and four stacks of food
> because I *do* sell stat food. If you don't sell stat food, then
> I guess you could put up with the 'You are out of food and water'
> messages if you wanted to.

I can confirm this as well, it is only while in trader mode that you
don't consume food and water. You do indeed consume them in the bazaar
while not in trader mode, unless they changed this quite recently.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 18 Dwarven Shaman, 16 Scholar

"Jitar GrRahiir of Tarew Marr" <roko42u1.NOSPAM@rexx.us> writes:
> <hidone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | 1. If you didn't know, you eat and drink whatever is in the left hand
> | column (top to bottom order) then the right hand column (top to bottom)
> | so if you do sell stat food be sure to have your eatable food and drink
> | above and/or left of the stat food.
>
> My traders don't seem to eat or drink when in trader mode....

Yes, that was stated earlier in this thread. But you're not always
in trader mode (if only for the moments when you first log in and
haven't brought up the trader window yet), so if you're trying to
sell food/drink you want to have some cheap food/drink for your
trader to consume. Hidone's point was that you also need to make
sure the eatable stuff is "in front of" the stuff you're selling.

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 51 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 41 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don

"Don Woods" <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote in message
> "Jitar GrRahiir of Tarew Marr" <roko42u1.NOSPAM@rexx.us> writes:
>> <hidone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> | 1. If you didn't know, you eat and drink whatever is in the left hand
>> | column (top to bottom order) then the right hand column (top to bottom)
>> | so if you do sell stat food be sure to have your eatable food and drink
>> | above and/or left of the stat food.
>>
>> My traders don't seem to eat or drink when in trader mode....
>
> Yes, that was stated earlier in this thread. But you're not always
> in trader mode (if only for the moments when you first log in and
> haven't brought up the trader window yet), so if you're trying to
> sell food/drink you want to have some cheap food/drink for your
> trader to consume. Hidone's point was that you also need to make
> sure the eatable stuff is "in front of" the stuff you're selling.

There seems to be some sort of "catch up" code, too. I can have my
trader force feed until unable to do so any more, and within a few days the
trader will be hungry and thirsty when leaving trader. During those few days
I'll spend at most 90 minutes outside of trader logged in - too short a time
to go from "stuffed, can't eat any more" to "need food and water badly". My
sneaking suspicion is the code for not eating and drinking just disables the
auto-eat and messages function, but does not fully disable the "do you need
to eat" timer.

James

"Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message

>> I was told I could use my Bard and make him play an instriment before I
>> go
>> into trader-mode and I would get skill-ups, is this true?
>
> Yes, this is generally frowned upon due to the spam it causes, and I
> believe
> that if somebody petitions you while you are AFK, you can get kicked.
> Thats
> if they can find a GM.

I've petitioned a few before figuring out how to turn off the chat. It's
still a TOS violation but I tend not to care if I don't see it. :p

--
EQ: Binnen 65+ enc - Zeb
EQ2: Lahr 10+ enc - Kith

"Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message

> I can confirm this as well, it is only while in trader mode that you
> don't consume food and water. You do indeed consume them in the bazaar
> while not in trader mode, unless they changed this quite recently.

Nope, they have not changed it; I forgot to take into account food/water
when I set up my recently-recreated character in the bazaar, and the
saltwater tuna he had on him started vanishing slowly....with only the 'You
are out of water' message coming up. So yes, while in the bazaar, you do
everything normally when NOT in trader, other than being encumbered (and
it's a damned good thing at times that encumberance is not an issue in the
bazaar, as everyone who's stepped OUT of the bazaar with a huge amount of
plat can testify lol).

--
Firian