Chenming case

dstell

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
To tell you the truth, that depends.

Some people have cloned the Chenming cases and not all are created equal.

While some Antec, Enermax, and Chieftec cases are in fact made by Chenming, other are not.

It depends on the case. Highest quality will most likely continue to be found in the Antec cases. Chieftec and Enermax have pretty high standards for their Chenming cases as well.

If your question is, "Will I get the same quality as an Antec/Cheiftec case if it is branded Chenming?"

The answer is maybe, or maybe not. It depends on the configuration that was ordered from the Chenming factory.

If quality is important, I would ask for additional info on the configuration of the case, the gage of the metal, the number of fans included, and the model number in order to compare them.

In many cases some of the Chenming models are the same, and in some cases they are not.

You would not beleive the sheer number of Chenming/Antec/Chieftec/Enermax clones that were not of the same quality that we saw in the computer markets during our time at Computex.

Not all cases are equal. - Chances are if the price is a lot less, so will the quality as well.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Chieftecs were originally steel too. They adopted aluminum to hop on the popularity of aluminum. I prefer steel for durability and reduced panel vibration. It wouldn't surprize me if these cases used the same metal stampings as the steel Chieftecs used.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

randy66

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
I also prefer steel , 1.0mm thickness should be better than .8mm like most other steel cases
I just bought it now from NewEgg
I'll post after getting it , Thanks

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, .8mm is GREAT, but 1.0mm is even BETTER!

I remember back in the mid 90's most decent quality cases were very thick, and .8mm thick cases were kind of cheapish. Inwin and Enlight were a high quality midweight case at .8mm. Now these cases are considered top quality since most others have gotten so thin.

When I got my first case that was so thin they had to fold the edges of the sheet rather than debur them, I thought "what crap"! Now cases like that are considered average!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

randy66

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
I recieved the case , its Aluminum , not steel
eveything Is idendical as Chieftec case except less $$
was $59.00 + $18.00 shipping
I contacted NewEgg about it being Aluminum not steel & they gave me a $25 credit
So , basically its an Aluminum Cheiftec case that i paid
$52 for
its very sturdy and well built
Chenming is everybit as good as Antec/Chieftec
in my opinion and the retailer was great