Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia GeForce 560 Ti performing badly with The Witcher 2.

Last response: in Video Games
December 20, 2011 8:40:19 PM

I'm wondering what the problem is. I can run every modern game on ultra, even more graphically intensive ones, like Battlefield 3, and I keep on experiencing massive framerate drops with The Witcher 2, even on minimum settings. I'm stumped. Does anyone else have this issue?
December 21, 2011 5:59:17 AM

is your game patched to the latest patch?

what are your settings in nVCP?

do you have aa/af/ao turned off?

what resolution are you running?

witcher 2 is the most demanding dx9 game to date. part of it having to do with poor optimization afaik.
m
l
December 21, 2011 6:42:13 AM

Have you got ubersampling enabled? that destroys your framerate.
m
l
Related resources
December 21, 2011 11:09:01 AM

bumnut53 said:
Have you got ubersampling enabled? that destroys your framerate.

+1
m
l
December 21, 2011 12:10:21 PM

What are the rest of your system specs, what resolution are you running at, and which advanced options in Witcher 2 are you using?

Also ensure you have the latest drivers.
m
l
December 21, 2011 12:39:29 PM

I've got the same problem with Witcher 2 (The Steam version). My GTX560Ti gets crushed in that game. The weird thing is, I'll get 60+ frames when talking to strangers but as soon as the camera focuses on Gerald the frame rates drops by half (sometimes more). Not cool.

My guide was Nvidia's Tweak guide. I disabled AA, US, and Cinematic Bloom thingy. Still the same results.

...and I tought I was going to play this with 3D Vision. Bah! I guess not...
m
l
December 21, 2011 2:25:01 PM

I was also getting poor frame rates from Witcher 2 before specially if Geralt is in closed spaces. The patches resolved the issue.
m
l
!