Hi all. I have a strange behavior with my screen saver. When I use Plus! My
Pictures or Marquee mode the text or pix move in a stittering motion; they do
not smoothly move across the screen. Not a big deal but I was looking for
some ideas as to why this happens. This behavior was not happening when the
system was new about two years ago. I religiously use AV, Spybot, firewall
and I'm careful to make sure ther are no uneeded programs loading at startup
as listed in msconfig/startup. My system is Intel 2.53MHz, 1 GB memory. Any
ideas?
--
Thanks,
Russ

System Requirements for Plus!
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/plus/sysreq.asp

"Video adapter with 3-D graphics acceleration and 16 MB of memory (minimum)
is required to run screen savers, games, and visualizations. The video adapter must
be Windows XP-compatible."

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Russ" wrote:

| Hi all. I have a strange behavior with my screen saver. When I use Plus! My
| Pictures or Marquee mode the text or pix move in a stittering motion; they do
| not smoothly move across the screen. Not a big deal but I was looking for
| some ideas as to why this happens. This behavior was not happening when the
| system was new about two years ago. I religiously use AV, Spybot, firewall
| and I'm careful to make sure ther are no uneeded programs loading at startup
| as listed in msconfig/startup. My system is Intel 2.53MHz, 1 GB memory. Any
| ideas?
| --
| Thanks,
| Russ

Thanks for your reply Carey. This behavior just showed up recently without
regard to my video card which is not 3-D. The screen saver was not jerky
when I first started using it (about a year ago) and has remianed problem
free until recently.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> System Requirements for Plus!
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/plus/sysreq.asp
>
> "Video adapter with 3-D graphics acceleration and 16 MB of memory (minimum)
> is required to run screen savers, games, and visualizations. The video adapter must
> be Windows XP-compatible."
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

> "Russ" wrote:
>
> | Hi all. I have a strange behavior with my screen saver. When I use Plus! My
> | Pictures or Marquee mode the text or pix move in a stittering motion; they do
> | not smoothly move across the screen. Not a big deal but I was looking for
> | some ideas as to why this happens. This behavior was not happening when the
> | system was new about two years ago. I religiously use AV, Spybot, firewall
> | and I'm careful to make sure ther are no uneeded programs loading at startup
> | as listed in msconfig/startup. My system is Intel 2.53MHz, 1 GB memory. Any
> | ideas?
> | --
> | Thanks,
> | Russ

Correction to my post below. My video card is an nVidia Ti-4200 and is
capable of 3D graghics acceleration. The same problem persists.