Hello, brand new to a newsgroup. Don't know how they work but hoping I can
find some help here. System has been flakey lately and have tried to
defragment hard drive. I click on Disk Defragmenter which opens but it will
not analyse or defragment. It worked fine last week when I used it. Did a
spybot scan, nothing turned up. Any help with this problem will be
appreciated.

TIA

Go to run,type:cmd In cmd type:CHKDSK C: Then type:Defrag C:

"cherokeeruby" wrote:

> Hello, brand new to a newsgroup. Don't know how they work but hoping I can
> find some help here. System has been flakey lately and have tried to
> defragment hard drive. I click on Disk Defragmenter which opens but it will
> not analyse or defragment. It worked fine last week when I used it. Did a
> spybot scan, nothing turned up. Any help with this problem will be
> appreciated.
>
> TIA

Run Disk CleanUp and then Chkdsk

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q315265

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"cherokeeruby" <jhc@texoma.net> wrote in message
> Hello, brand new to a newsgroup. Don't know how they work but hoping
> I can find some help here. System has been flakey lately and have
> tried to defragment hard drive. I click on Disk Defragmenter which
> opens but it will not analyse or defragment. It worked fine last week
> when I used it. Did a spybot scan, nothing turned up. Any help with
> this problem will be appreciated.
>
> TIA

How many 0 byte files do you have in the system32 folder, if any. And what are there names.

http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/