Status
Not open for further replies.

rockxdude

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
I have an Logitech Mx518 mouse.
I am thinking to buy a mouse pad for it.
Is the mouse pad give any boost to games playing and other work?
Or it is just useless?

If it give advantage, then which one i go for?
Budget, 10-20$.

Thanks

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
I use a panel cut from those softish plastic paper binders you can buy at Wal-Mart. I cut it at the fused hinge so it leaves a perfect edge all the way around and place some tape on the underside to stick it to my desk.

I like the feel, and it has just the right amount of friction. My SteelSeries Ikari tracks flawlessly on it as well.

Avery-11718-rw-152588-258293.jpg

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
goliathus control is a nice mouse pad if you need/want a REALLY large one. The smaller ones aren't worth the 19.99 price tag imo. Personally I do use the largest size goliathus mat and I'm perfectly happy with its quality as well.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
I prefer Goliathus speed personally. The quality is very good, just make sure you get the newer version with stitching around the edges - not sure if you can still buy the older version without - but best to make sure, the older ones without are really poor, but the newer ones are excellent.

I'll tell you this

any mousepad >>> no mousepad at all

as far as which mousepad will be best for you, depends on how you hold your mouse, how sweaty your palms get and how often you're willing to give your mousepad a wash.

personally I've been using the cheapest mousepad I can get from staples for like $4-5 and they've been doing wonderfully. I've tried some expensive mat one of my friends had, couldn't tell the difference between mine and his. Afterall, it's just a mat...

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
No....The surface material.

How well the mouse tracks on the mat and how easy the mouse glides on the mat makes a huge difference for online FPS. A quality mouse mat will not wear down the mouse feet as fast either.

After all we are talking about a mouse mat for gaming.

For browsing the web or playing a casual game such as portal or minecraft any mouse mat will do in theroy.

After upgrading to my Razer Goliathus from a cheap £1 mouse mat from ebay, the difference was night and day.

dan710

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011

I had the same experience after getting the Goliathus Speed edition. It's around $15 for the small version which was still much larger than my old mousepad.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Eh, I have a nice gaming mat but I will tell you, they are certainly being overhyped in this thread. Literally unless you would like an abnormally large mouse pad, just use whatever comes along that seems well-made and isn't more than 10 dollars.

rockxdude

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

Like, which mat?

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

This really doesn't help the OP what so ever.

Rockdude, Just pay the extra $5 and get something good
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826999067

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Of the speed and control, I know gothem likes the speed and I like the control surface. Either way you will have a decent mouse pad that should last a relatively long time with proper care. If you get free shipping, that's a nice price as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.