Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Gaming Mouse pad

Last response: in Video Games
December 21, 2011 10:41:34 AM

I have an Logitech Mx518 mouse.
I am thinking to buy a mouse pad for it.
Is the mouse pad give any boost to games playing and other work?
Or it is just useless?

If it give advantage, then which one i go for?
Budget, 10-20$.

Thanks

More about : gaming mouse pad

a b 4 Gaming
December 21, 2011 10:53:54 AM

dont waste your money on an overly expensive pad just get a control mat or something similar.
Score

Best solution

December 21, 2011 10:57:45 AM

I recommend a Goliathus Speed/Control.
Related resources
December 21, 2011 11:02:41 AM

I use a panel cut from those softish plastic paper binders you can buy at Wal-Mart. I cut it at the fused hinge so it leaves a perfect edge all the way around and place some tape on the underside to stick it to my desk.

I like the feel, and it has just the right amount of friction. My SteelSeries Ikari tracks flawlessly on it as well.

Score
December 21, 2011 4:06:16 PM

Gothams Finest said:
I recommend a Goliathus Speed/Control.

me too, awesome mousepads!!
Score
a b 4 Gaming
December 22, 2011 8:51:55 PM

goliathus control is a nice mouse pad if you need/want a REALLY large one. The smaller ones aren't worth the 19.99 price tag imo. Personally I do use the largest size goliathus mat and I'm perfectly happy with its quality as well.
Score
December 23, 2011 8:27:47 AM

I prefer Goliathus speed personally. The quality is very good, just make sure you get the newer version with stitching around the edges - not sure if you can still buy the older version without - but best to make sure, the older ones without are really poor, but the newer ones are excellent.
Score
December 23, 2011 10:54:55 AM

All are telling about the 20$ pad...:p ...

Any good pad for around 10$?
Score
a b 4 Gaming
December 23, 2011 11:30:35 AM

I'll tell you this

any mousepad >>> no mousepad at all

as far as which mousepad will be best for you, depends on how you hold your mouse, how sweaty your palms get and how often you're willing to give your mousepad a wash.

personally I've been using the cheapest mousepad I can get from staples for like $4-5 and they've been doing wonderfully. I've tried some expensive mat one of my friends had, couldn't tell the difference between mine and his. Afterall, it's just a mat...
Score
December 23, 2011 11:40:23 AM

The difference between a cheap £1 mouse mat and a good quality one is night and day.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
December 23, 2011 12:37:35 PM

so basically nothing besides the color? :lol:  jk

I think that opinion is subjective and largely depends on your preferences and hardware and other conditions I mentioned above
Score
December 23, 2011 1:01:14 PM

No....The surface material.

How well the mouse tracks on the mat and how easy the mouse glides on the mat makes a huge difference for online FPS. A quality mouse mat will not wear down the mouse feet as fast either.

After all we are talking about a mouse mat for gaming.

For browsing the web or playing a casual game such as portal or minecraft any mouse mat will do in theroy.

After upgrading to my Razer Goliathus from a cheap £1 mouse mat from ebay, the difference was night and day.
Score
December 23, 2011 5:14:04 PM

Gothams Finest said:
After upgrading to my Razer Goliathus from a cheap £1 mouse mat from ebay, the difference was night and day.

I had the same experience after getting the Goliathus Speed edition. It's around $15 for the small version which was still much larger than my old mousepad.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
December 23, 2011 6:39:05 PM

Eh, I have a nice gaming mat but I will tell you, they are certainly being overhyped in this thread. Literally unless you would like an abnormally large mouse pad, just use whatever comes along that seems well-made and isn't more than 10 dollars.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
December 24, 2011 4:16:30 AM

^+1
Score
December 24, 2011 4:27:03 AM

casualcolors said:
Eh, I have a nice gaming mat but I will tell you, they are certainly being overhyped in this thread. Literally unless you would like an abnormally large mouse pad, just use whatever comes along that seems well-made and isn't more than 10 dollars.

Like, which mat?
Score
December 24, 2011 11:36:35 AM

casualcolors said:

This really doesn't help the OP what so ever.

Rockdude, Just pay the extra $5 and get something good
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Score
December 24, 2011 2:30:59 PM

Yeah that ones fine.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
December 24, 2011 2:35:53 PM

Of the speed and control, I know gothem likes the speed and I like the control surface. Either way you will have a decent mouse pad that should last a relatively long time with proper care. If you get free shipping, that's a nice price as well.
Score
December 31, 2011 2:05:38 AM

Best answer selected by rockxdude.
Score
!