Offer Remote Assistance Fails

Offer Remote Assistanc help Please !
When receiving an invite to offer RA, I get a message saying RA has failed.
No explanation, just that message.

I have tried both accepting email invitations, and using MSM. I have tried
accepting invites from several people that they themselves can accept and
send invites.

I CAN connect with RA when I send an invite for help, it's only when I try
to accept an invite it fails.

I can also use "File Sharing" in MSM with np. (If that means anything.)

I have tried accepting with firewall off, anti virus off to no avail.

I have even deleted all the info within an emailed RaTicket, and i get
exactly the same error.

I have searched the MS KB and the net for info, but nothing seems to apply.
All my settings seem correct, the right ports are open, the right services
are enabled. (I think.)

Windows XP, home. SP2
Computer is connected directly through a DSL modem (MCI dsl service.)

Hel Pls !
2 answers Last reply
More about offer remote assistance fails

    You cannot offer remote assistance to a user whose computer is running Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884910&Product=windowsxpsp2

    Troubleshooting Remote Assistance Issues
    http://www.chicagotech.net/rde­sktop.htm

    "When you receive an invitation from an Internet user whose
    computer is behind a router or firewall, the IP sent to you is
    the Private IP behind the router or firewall, so that you can't
    access the computer. To fix this issue: 1) use Notepad to open
    the invitation to change the Private IP to the Public IP which
    may be the router or firewall's IP. 2) Use Windows Messenger
    to establish the Remote Assistance session".

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > You cannot offer remote assistance to a user whose computer is running Windows XP Service Pack 2
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884910&Product=windowsxpsp2
    >
    > Troubleshooting Remote Assistance Issues
    > http://www.chicagotech.net/rde­sktop.htm
    >

    > "When you receive an invitation from an Internet user whose
    > computer is behind a router or firewall, the IP sent to you is
    > the Private IP behind the router or firewall, so that you can't
    > access the computer. To fix this issue: 1) use Notepad to open
    > the invitation to change the Private IP to the Public IP which
    > may be the router or firewall's IP. 2) Use Windows Messenger
    > to establish the Remote Assistance session".
    >

    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    Thank You for your response Carey.
    I have read those articles. From what littlle I understand of them, I
    understand gpedit.msc is only for WindowsXP Pro.
    AS near as I can figure out, security groups has something to do with
    computers linked on the same intranet?

    Also, I have eded the Raticked sent by email,to no avail, but, receiving an
    invite over MSM messenger does not sent a Raticket to edit.

    This is more of what is happeniing.
    Tere are 4 firineds on the internet, all running WinXP, SP2. Non running
    routers,and only windows firewall. Call them A, B, C, and ME
    A,B, and C can all use RA as novice or expert with no problem. A,B,c can
    all connect to me as a novice, but I can connect to none of them as an expert.
    Any Ideas ?

Windows XP