Witcher 2 / Amazon or Steam

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011
I am about to purchase a download version of Witcher 2, and wonder what's the difference between Amazon and Steam. Amazon is about $4 cheaper, so if there is no disadvantage with this option, I would go this way. I've never downloaded any game (did some video for kids) from the site, whereas got a few from Steam before.

I would take Steam over anything else any day. I have about 12-15 games in my Steam account for years and never had an issue. Rebuilt my PC... just re-download the game and it does all the patching for you. Just make sure you have a strong password and keep your contact information up to date in case there are ever any issues with your account. I've never had any.

I am not familiar with how Amazon works. It might be fine, but Steam has been doing what they do for a long time.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
I might be too late but here's my opinion...

If you have other games (if not most of your games) on STEAM then go with Steam. It's easier then to manage your games not to mention managing DRMs with all your games.

If you never use(used) Steam then I'd say go with Amazon and buy the game stand alone.

That said, if you don't have Steam yet (or an account), do yourself a favour and check out the site regularly for deals...you owe it to yourself as a PC Gamer.