Windows XP professional problem......won't boot up

I've had my DELL 8200 desktop PC for about two years........ I've had NO
problems. Now all of a sudden when I go to boot up.......I get nowhere.
Only these statements:
Can anyone help me? I'm not very technical oriented. I've never used this
chat but can be reached at robertcid@yahoo.com if somebody has some help,
advice, etc. Thanks.......here's the message I keep getting when I turn my
PC on.

**************************************

STOP: C000218 (registry file failure) The registry can't load the HIVE
(FILE): \SystemRoot\system 32\config\software or it's log or alternate. It
is corrupt, absent or not writable

beginning dump of physical memory
dump complete

Contact your system adminstrator or technical support group for further
assistance.

****************************

Initializing intel (R) boot agent 4.1.04 PXE 2.1 build 083 (wfm 2.0) RPL V2.74
Warning: Dell's disk monitoring system has detected that drive 0 on the
primary EIDE controller is operating outside of normal specifications. It is
advisable to immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive
by calling your suport desk or dell computer corp.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows professional problem boot

    How to restore the operating system to a previous state in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;306084

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "windows xp help" wrote:

    | I've had my DELL 8200 desktop PC for about two years........ I've had NO
    | problems. Now all of a sudden when I go to boot up.......I get nowhere.
    | Only these statements:
    | Can anyone help me? I'm not very technical oriented. I've never used this
    | chat but can be reached at robertcid@yahoo.com if somebody has some help,
    | advice, etc. Thanks.......here's the message I keep getting when I turn my
    | PC on.
    |
    | **************************************
    |
    | STOP: C000218 (registry file failure) The registry can't load the HIVE
    | (FILE): \SystemRoot\system 32\config\software or it's log or alternate. It
    | is corrupt, absent or not writable
    |
    | beginning dump of physical memory
    | dump complete
    |
    | Contact your system adminstrator or technical support group for further
    | assistance.

    | Initializing intel (R) boot agent 4.1.04 PXE 2.1 build 083 (wfm 2.0) RPL V2.74
    | Warning: Dell's disk monitoring system has detected that drive 0 on the
    | primary EIDE controller is operating outside of normal specifications. It is
    | advisable to immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive
    | by calling your suport desk or dell computer corp.

Boot Windows XP