Windows Task Manager Processes

What are the minimum processes required in the Windows Task Manager? I have
a page +. I believe it is slowing my email "to." I have checked by sending
mail to myself whaich takes approximately 2 - 3 minutes to complete. Thank
you.

Robert
2 answers Last reply
More about windows task manager processes

    On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:07:04 -0800, "Robersabel" <Robert> wrote:

    >What are the minimum processes required in the Windows Task Manager? I have
    >a page +. I believe it is slowing my email "to." I have checked by sending
    >mail to myself whaich takes approximately 2 - 3 minutes to complete. Thank
    >you.
    >
    >Robert

    Robert,

    Here are some websites which can classify specific processes:
    http://computercops.biz/StartupList.html
    http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
    http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

    Also, see BlackViper:
    http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/OSguides.htm

    For information about suspicious processes, get Process Explorer (free) from
    <http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml>. Provides way more
    information than Task Manager. Also, Autoruns (also free, and also from
    SysInternals) <http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml> will
    show you specifically what process are started automatically.

    --
    Cheers,
    Chuck

    Robert

    Processes are the result of applications running. Stop the applications
    running and you reduce the number of running processes. A normal list
    comprises 35 / 45 processes.

    Processes have no bearing on the time taken to receive an email sent to
    yourself. Processes are running on your computer, whereas the time
    between sending and receiving an email is when the email is going from
    your computer to your ISP mail server, redirection by the server and
    getting it back to you.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Robersabel" <Robert> wrote in message
    > What are the minimum processes required in the Windows Task Manager?
    > I have
    > a page +. I believe it is slowing my email "to." I have checked by
    > sending
    > mail to myself whaich takes approximately 2 - 3 minutes to complete.
    > Thank
    > you.
    >
    > Robert

Microsoft Task Manager Email Windows XP