Can anyone explain how I can load Windows '98 on the same computer I'm using
at the moment. I'm working with XP 'not the Pro. version'. I'm studying for
an ECDL qualification, and it's hard when i only use '98 one day a week. My
PC has a 120GB Hard drive and 540 of RAM. I have the '98 system disk and reg
details. I just don't wanna make any more mistakes. Crashing the PC is a
bummer and they tell me it's not much fun for the PC either. PLAIN ENGLISH
is a GOOD way to help ME UNDERSTAND, 'if ya no what I'm sayin', you no where
i'm comin' from....!!! THANK YOU..

I might be new to this new Hi-tech world of today, but i'm learning to
master it, at a mild pace. You only learn by asking and by asking, i'm
learning 'at my own pace'. A brave new world.
2 answers Last reply
More about loading older operating system

    You may want to look at Virtual PC.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtualpc/default.mspx

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "the jambo" wrote:
    | Can anyone explain how I can load Windows '98 on the same computer I'm
    using
    | at the moment. I'm working with XP 'not the Pro. version'. I'm studying
    for
    | an ECDL qualification, and it's hard when i only use '98 one day a week.
    My
    | PC has a 120GB Hard drive and 540 of RAM. I have the '98 system disk and
    reg
    | details. I just don't wanna make any more mistakes. Crashing the PC is a
    | bummer and they tell me it's not much fun for the PC either. PLAIN
    ENGLISH
    | is a GOOD way to help ME UNDERSTAND, 'if ya no what I'm sayin', you no
    where
    | i'm comin' from....!!! THANK YOU..
    |

    | I might be new to this new Hi-tech world of today, but i'm learning to
    | master it, at a mild pace. You only learn by asking and by asking, i'm
    | learning 'at my own pace'. A brave new world.

    Multibooting with Windows XP: Introduction
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/multiboot.mspx

    HOW TO: Create a Multiple-Boot System in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306559&Product=winxp

    How do I install Windows 98/Me after I've installed XP?
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_9x.htm

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "the jambo" wrote:

    | Can anyone explain how I can load Windows '98 on the same computer I'm using
    | at the moment. I'm working with XP 'not the Pro. version'. I'm studying for
    | an ECDL qualification, and it's hard when i only use '98 one day a week. My
    | PC has a 120GB Hard drive and 540 of RAM. I have the '98 system disk and reg
    | details. I just don't wanna make any more mistakes. Crashing the PC is a
    | bummer and they tell me it's not much fun for the PC either. PLAIN ENGLISH
    | is a GOOD way to help ME UNDERSTAND, 'if ya no what I'm sayin', you no where
    | i'm comin' from....!!! THANK YOU..
    |

    | I might be new to this new Hi-tech world of today, but i'm learning to
    | master it, at a mild pace. You only learn by asking and by asking, i'm
    | learning 'at my own pace'. A brave new world.

Windows XP